Search Fields For Category – Custom Fields Not Showing – Image sizes

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Search Fields For Category – Custom Fields Not Showing – Image sizes

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Search Fields For Category – Custom Fields Not Showing – Image sizes

October 1, 2018
Steven Steven
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 37 points

ISSUE 1.

Is there any way to change the search form on the directory main homepage? Seriously, the categories are all cramped up and go on 2 or 3 lines and its very confusing and does not look good what so ever. Shrink the keyword field and increase the category field. Would this not make more sense?

ISSUE 2.

When you add a listing, it ask for Phone, Email and Website address. However, this does NOT show unless people input an address. Someone suggested to add them as custom fields, but if you do, they show up TWICE on add listing.

ISSUE 3.

How about the minimum image width of 800 pixels. Can I change this somehow so people can upload a small logo image, say 400 pixels?

Mark, or anyone else, Is there any possibility that i can get some help please?

Steve

October 1, 2018 at 12:12 pm
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points

hi steven,

I think I’ve replied to your ticket. Please check your ticket for the reply and update it for follow up questions.

Thank you

October 2, 2018 at 9:52 am
  • Dragoescu
    Dragoescu
    Senior Member 196 points

Hello,

I am interested how you solved the ISSUE 2 of this topic..
    Please let me know if you can help me.

Regards

October 4, 2018 at 11:32 am
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 37 points

I have solutions for all three if anyone needs them.

You must enable Google map in order for this issue to be resolved. basically, they must input an address for the map to show which also have the fields for phone, email and website address.

For images, I have the solution if anyone needs help. Support provided this to me.

I also have the solution to increase the category field, while decreasing the search for field to make it exactly even and more room for categories so they dont get cramped up so much.

October 4, 2018 at 1:25 pm
  • Dragoescu
    Dragoescu
    Senior Member 196 points

Hello and many thank’s for reponse me!
    I understend for issue 2. it’s OK now..:)

For issue 1 i don’t understend very wel. You have add more fields? Can you show me one example?

Many regards

October 4, 2018 at 6:15 pm
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 37 points

Hello,

I was suppose to get notified when someone posted something in this post, but the email notification never works and I never know who commented here. Sorry for the late response.

The search field shows a bigger field for Categories. There are three fields,
    1. Search terms.
    2. category drop down.
    3. Location drop down.

They are all same size now. Before category was way too small and all categories were cramped up.

Its really hard to understand why such silly little things get over looked while the rest of the directory is done very well.

I am now struggling with the responsiveness of the homepage and look as its also all cramped up.

Look at your homepage on a mobile device and you will see what I mean.

Notify me of follow-up replies via email is checked, but I wont get any :)

October 7, 2018 at 1:29 pm
  • Dragoescu
    Dragoescu
    Senior Member 196 points

Hello,

Me also i don’t receive the notification via e-mail.
    OK, Now i understend. Many thaks for explain.

October 8, 2018 at 4:30 am
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 37 points

do you have ratings on your listings? I want to remove them, but they still show up under the listings and there is no way to turn them off.

How about the background color of the listings? Why is all in black fade or transparent color? Why cant we just have a simple and clean layout lol.

I am just so tired of trying to work things out with this theme.

October 8, 2018 at 8:47 pm
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points

hi steven,

try using this code to remove the image overlap backgroun

.listing-grid-item .image:before{
    background:none!important;
    }

copy paste the code to Appearance > Customize > additional css

October 9, 2018 at 9:12 am
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 37 points

Why would we need to import code in order to have this removed. Should we not have the ability to remove this in the theme options? Not every business directory uses a star rating or things like top searches. Even all the child themes are using this. I think this is just ridiculous!

I have already done so much extra work to remove things or modify things that are not right or should have been included in the theme functions. This really does not give me confidence.

October 9, 2018 at 12:03 pm
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 37 points

This makes the listing now have white text over a background you cannot read. Why cant we just have a normal listing with wording under the logo or image.

October 9, 2018 at 12:08 pm
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points

hi Steven

basically there are static sections from the theme that if you want to modify you’ll have to do some extra css.

we’ll be happy to assist you via ticket if you request some minor css changes where you cant change your self.

If you also want to suggest to have these as an option , please post it here https://www.premiumpress.com/ideas/ so Mark can check it and might add it to the next updates

Thank you for understanding

October 10, 2018 at 9:46 am
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points

hi Steven

basically there are static sections from the theme that if you want to modify you’ll have to do some extra css.

we’ll be happy to assist you via ticket if you request some minor css changes where you cant change your self.

If you also want to suggest to have these as an option , please post it here https://www.premiumpress.com/ideas/ so Mark can check it and might add it to the next updates

Thank you for understanding

October 10, 2018 at 9:46 am

• Vicente
    Newbie 3 points

Hi Steven.
    I would be interested in solving the problem of the category field width, the keyword field is very large. I would also be interested in being able to change the “yellow” color of the search by category and the dates of the blog.
    Thank you very much for your help

October 25, 2018 at 12:44 am
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,110 points

hi Vicente,

you can use custom css for the search box to adjust the width

as for the colors, you can change them via Appearance > Customize> background colors

October 25, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team