Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 138 total)
Mark Fail

PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

Note you should download this plugin from your admin area under the extra plugins tab within the responsive theme options. Hi Guys This is a beta plugin, its beta because although its worked on 100% of the sites iv tried so far, iv only tried 24 sites so its not enough to say its 100%. Use this plugin to transfer your posts and basic content from the non-responsive version to the new responisve version. Note, this is for content only, NOT design or customization. Those cannot be transfered.

Created: July 24, 2013 at 10:13 am

• Tal
    Tal
    August 25, 2013 at 6:44 pm

??

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    August 26, 2013 at 3:44 am

I dont think you can have two themes active at one time?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    August 26, 2013 at 7:24 am

Tal you cannot run both themes are the same time, also the transfer tool is not backwards compatible, it wont transfer it back to the old version after you update.

• jon
    jon
    August 29, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Hi, I was running 7.1.1 and just got the Responsive theme. I installed it and the plug in and everything seems to have worked ok but the permalinks are not working as they used to:

(I have WP installed in a sub directory /leadershipprograms/)
    This is a link I used to use to get to a category
    https://leadershipdevelopmentprogram.com/leadershipprograms/category/consumer-products/

now its this:
    https://leadershipdevelopmentprogram.com/leadershipprograms/?s=&cat1=1158

The listing permalink seems to be fine
    https://leadershipdevelopmentprogram.com/leadershipprograms/listing/exxon-mobil-campus-recruiting/

Any idea how to get the category permalink to show the category name as it used to do?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    August 30, 2013 at 5:21 pm

in v7 the category was the post category, the new verion uses a custom post type, which wordpress will assign a custom permalink and ignore the /%category%/ value thus i dont think you’ll be able to get the category permalink to work like your expecting it too.

• ahmed
    ahmed
    August 31, 2013 at 2:14 pm

@ All… I need to confirm the steps… Then ask a question
    I should
    1- install the new theme in the same place(subdomain) as my current WordPress installation
    2-Activate the new theme
    3-Activate the plugin.
    As per Mark
    <><><>Quote
    it will transfer;
    Listing Categories
    Article Categories
    Listings
    Articles
    FAQ’s
    Images
    Listing packages
    Custom Listing fields
    Membership packages
    Emails
    Orders
    <><><><>Unquote
    My question is… I have custom listing fields… added few fields and deleted other fields… do you know if all fields in my current listing will be reflected?? This means that it will add the fields that I added and delete the fields that I deleted

Appreciate all responses… Thanks

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    September 4, 2013 at 2:53 am

which theme are you transferring from?

• ahmed
    ahmed
    September 4, 2013 at 6:03 am

Directorypress 7.1.3

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    September 4, 2013 at 6:51 am

All custom fields for listings will be transferred into the new theme yes.

Your process of transfer looks fine also.

1- install the new theme in the same place(subdomain) as my current WordPress installation
    2-Activate the new theme
    3-Activate the plugin.

• Charles
    Charles
    September 14, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Hi Mark,

Regarding your comment:

n v7 the category was the post category, the new verion uses a custom post type, which wordpress will assign a custom permalink and ignore the /%category%/ value thus i dont think you’ll be able to get the category permalink to work like your expecting it too

Does that means that if we upgrade from DP 7.1.3 to the new Responsive Directory Theme the current links that Google has already indexed with our posts, articles and categories will be lost?

We don’t want to loose our current google ranking. For the specific SEO phrase/target market, the site is currently listed in the first position. We have invested a lot of time and efforts to make this happen.

Please clarify.
    Thanks

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    September 14, 2013 at 1:25 pm

yes, very likely.

As i say, this is a new theme, not an upgrade.

• Poh Ho
    Poh Ho
    September 16, 2013 at 3:40 am

Hi Mark,

I’ve DP installed in Chinese. I’ve made some translation to the text (to Chinese) in Language under the General Set Up.

Just wonder will the translation be lost if I transfer my site (DP 7.13) to responsive theme?

Appreciate your clarification.

Thanks.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    September 16, 2013 at 3:46 am

im afraid so, text isnt the same in the new one.

• Anxhelo
    Anxhelo
    September 23, 2013 at 10:21 am

Hello there!

I have the DirectoryPress 7.1.4 and i bought the Directory Rensponsive theme…

I have take a .csv backup of my listing from DirectoryPress 7.1.4 just in case…

Then i have upload and activate the Rensponsive theme…

Then i have installed this plugin for listings tranfer.. and i have make the tranfers BUT my listing have show up with endocing problem (ex Μελαδάκης Νίκος)

Then i have deleted all my listings and i have activate the DirectoryPress 7.1.4 and i tried to upload the .csv that i have backup previous BUT again my listing have endocing problem (ex title: Μελαδάκης ΝίκοÏ0)

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments