PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

WordPress Business Themes Forums Plugins – Share & Recommend Responsive Framework Plugins PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

July 24, 2013
Mark Fail Mark Fail

• Anonymous
    Newbie 11 points

Hi Mark

Stupid question:

I have a classifieds theme I want to import it into the Real Estate responsive theme. This plugin will do it?

August 16, 2013 at 7:00 am

• Anonymous
    Newbie 11 points

Updates

August 16, 2013 at 7:01 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

erm yes it will but you’ll be missing alot of custom field data, prices, bedrooms etc

August 16, 2013 at 7:24 am

• Anonymous
    Newbie 11 points

Hi Mark Thanks. I bought WP All Import. Maybe I can try that.

August 16, 2013 at 7:29 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

never heard of it but worth a try i guess

August 16, 2013 at 7:45 am
  • Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points

Any tips on how to get the existing thumbnails from the old directory theme to show?? thanks, Megan

August 16, 2013 at 2:25 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

which thumbs? if you havent deleted the old theme your thumbs should still be there if your runnning 4.2+

August 16, 2013 at 2:51 pm
  • Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points

Hi Mark – the thumbs are still in the old folder (\wp-content\themes\directorypress\thumbs) but just not showing next to the listing excerpt – maybe I did something wrong – still trying to learn the new responsive directory theme. I installed the new responsive theme and activated it then I used the plugin to transfer the listings etc from the old non responsive directory theme so now when I go to a category the listings are there, but the thumb (little image) which used to be associated with the listing and show in the category list does not show there is just a place holder image – any advice??? thanks, Megan

August 16, 2013 at 3:30 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

whats your link?

August 16, 2013 at 3:35 pm
  • Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points

PS: after more investigation, when I go to edit an existing listing under manage listings the image is there in custom fields like ,myimage150x150.jpg and not till I update it to a full link like http://mysite.com/wp-content/themes/directorypress/thumbs/myimage150x150.jpg does it show so I guess I need to know if I have to manually update each listing or is there an easier way??? thanks, Megan

August 16, 2013 at 3:39 pm
  • Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points

Hey Mark – I am doing this locally before I go through the process on my live site – don’t like to make changes on a live site till I know what’s what and how to do whatever – thanks, megan

August 16, 2013 at 3:40 pm
  • Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points

OK – not sure what I did was correct or best but I just used a sql query in the database (phpmyadmin) to add/prepend the first part of the link :-)

August 16, 2013 at 4:20 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

sounds ok, not much we can help with if your doing it locally though.

August 21, 2013 at 4:52 am
  • Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points

Yeah I realize that – I just have to ask my questions in case someone happens to have an answer for me – I just don’t want to update the live site with the new theme until I can do it smoothly and correctly (it is a customized older version of directory press) gotta feel like I have all my ducks in a row and even then I will be VERY nervous until everything is how it is supposed to be 😀 take care, and thanks for the reply, Megan

August 21, 2013 at 3:30 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

np, understand the feeling

August 22, 2013 at 2:51 am
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 138 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team