PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

WordPress Business Themes Forums Plugins – Share & Recommend Responsive Framework Plugins PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

July 24, 2013
Mark Fail Mark Fail
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

send me a ticket and ill check for you.

July 25, 2013 at 1:24 am
  • Shahibur
    Shahibur
    Newbie 33 points

Should i installed plugin on Non-responsive version first or responsive version ?

thanks

August 4, 2013 at 9:09 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

the plugin will only work for the responsive version, so activate the responsive theme then the plugin.

August 4, 2013 at 2:42 pm
  • Clive
    Clive
    Newbie 15 points

Is there a list anywhere as to what does and does not transfer across when moving from the Version 7 to the new Responsive Themes (for DP)? Also, what is the process? Do you set up a new empty installation with WP 3.6 and Responsive Directory Theme, and then use the plug-in mentioned above to do the transfer?

From what is said above, am I correct in summarising that:
    Categories do now transfer, since a change to the plug-in.
    Articles do not transfer – are they ignored, or do they transfer and become Listings?
    Custom taxonomies do not transfer
    Images do not transfer – you have to separately copy the files across
    Custom styles do not transfer
    Child Themes ??
    General layout does not transfer – display settings, etc.
    Do e-mails transfer?
    Do Members transfer?
    Do Membership Packages transfer?
    Are plug-ins broadly compatible with the Responsive Themes, or will most of them need to be disabled / deleted, and new Responsive Theme plug-ins used instead?
    etc.

Is there a demo anywhere which gives details of how the new Responsive Themes work for different devices – what is the new functionality IN DETAIL ?

August 5, 2013 at 4:27 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

hi clive

bascially, you install the new theme onto your existing WordPress installation, active the new theme then active this plugin.

it will transfer;

Listing Categories
    Article Categories
    Listings
    Articles
    FAQ’s
    Images
    Listing packages
    Custom Listing fields
    Membership packages
    Emails
    Orders

August 5, 2013 at 4:40 pm
  • Lee
    Lee
    Newbie 74 points

@Clive

Worth noting that only the first display image is transferred, not any additional images, these have to be re-uploaded to work with the new responsive theme.

August 7, 2013 at 2:26 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

Lee, not any more :)

4.2 will bring back your ‘images’ :)

August 7, 2013 at 3:57 pm
  • Patrick
    Patrick
    Newbie 9 points

@mark is there a tutorial for this. I don’t want 404 error for google rankings.

August 7, 2013 at 5:02 pm
  • Sean
    Sean
    Senior Member 199 points

Lovely little plugin Mark.

Seems to be 100% now? I’ll wait for v4.2 and then do the business. Well chuffed with your new framework and i look forward to doing plenty of customisations with it!

Thanks a million for your efforts as always.

Go to http://www.cdsintdev.com/premiumpress/ for all your PremiumPress customisation needs

August 7, 2013 at 6:22 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

lol love the plug right at the end :)

August 8, 2013 at 7:36 am
  • Neil
    Neil
    Newbie 2 points

I have tried to import my listings with the plugin, but I must be doing something wrong.
    I’ve activated the new responsive theme, installed and activated the plugin but there are no listings in the listing manager. The listings are still in the post section.

What do I need to do to import the listings into the listing section?

Thanks
    Neil

August 10, 2013 at 5:28 am
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 16 points

This is a great plugin and thanks for sharing it. Not sure if this is what Barna means but I am trying to get the users page to work right…I have tried adjusting the shortcode but not sure if it is working. I found a plug-in to add user photos but the Gravatar icon is still showing.

http://www.realtyportal.ca

(RealtorPress Responsive Theme, latest version

August 11, 2013 at 4:19 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 16 points

Hey Neil,

Go to the “Theme Options” and at the bottom there is a PremiumPress link that you click. Drop down the “Transfer” pick list and pick list and it ports everything over.
    Pretty sweet plug in I would say. I was in the same boat as you and was doing it all manually.

Mark

August 11, 2013 at 4:22 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

thanks for sharing Mark

August 13, 2013 at 6:05 am
  • Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points

I was able to use the plugin to bring in my listings from the old theme, the images inside the listings show but no thumbnails – how do I get the thumbnails to show?? also where is info on the correct way to make a child theme?? thanks, Megan

August 15, 2013 at 9:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team