Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
David

widget customizations for advance search widget

I want to modify how the content is outputted for the categories part of the advance search widget, I found the advance search widget class in DT/frameworks/class/class_widgets.php on line # 1290 but lost the trail when i saw $advance_search = Core_Advanced_Search::instance(); echo $advance_search->build_form( null, $submit );. Where can I find thisbuild_form() function, is that where I can edit the contents. Attachments show what the widget outputs for category listing by default, other attachment shows what is trying to be accomplished.

Created: August 12, 2016 at 6:57 pm

• Josh
    August 15, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Hello David,
    Do you mean you want the categories displayed in a single line,no breaks

• David
    August 15, 2016 at 5:46 pm

that would be cool but not in this scenario. If you look at screen-shot #1 you can see the number of listings within a listing category, the number has parentheses around it. I want to remove the parentheses around that number. Also instead of the double array I want to change it to a single arrow. It seems that arrow is a Font Awesome Icon called fa fa-angle-double-right pull-right, I wish I could find the template file so I can change it to the single arrow. Thank you.

• David
    August 15, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Sorry, I said double array when I meant the double arrow.

• Josh
    August 15, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Replace the file class_search.php located in theme files >framework >class with attached file (unzip first)
    Note:Editing of the theme core files is not recommended and you will loose changes on new theme updates

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• David
    August 15, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Thank you Super Guru Josh! Super cool that you did that!

• Josh
    August 15, 2016 at 7:11 pm

You’re welcome David.Have a great day 🙂

• David
    August 31, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Okay, first off, thank you, Super Guru Josh, for this solution – it does work fabulously. now your right about it being overwritten, which has just happened to me. So now I am wondering if this solution could also be accomplished through using action and filter hooks in my child theme so that it does not get overwritten? A simple yes or no answer would suffice, I am just curious about if it is even possible because this customization seems to reside in a function called build_form within the class Core_Advanced_Search, could I extend this class to make it work? Any information on this would be awesome!!!

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments