WordPress Business Themes › Forums › Version 7 Themes › DirectoryPress › Wearning: Too much files in thumbs folder
Not me, I can speak seven different languages. 😎
English slang isnt counted
English is my second language. I can speak Czech, Slovak, Polish, Russian, Hindi, Punjabi, German and little bit English.
Thinking of learning Spanish (so I can talk to Sean 😛 ) and Chinese.
OK I tried to process it, the files move to the new folders, but the links for the images are broken.
1) And new thumbs are still generating to the “thumb” folder – does it means that I have to run this time to time?
2) In which folder should be the .htaccess edit it in root or make new in folder ..thumbs/
This is hard job for me… uff
1) I would think so, as there is no schedule or cron job set to do that.
2) The .htaccess file should be in the root of your theme (usually where WP is installed) – You just need to add that rule in there. Don’t forget to adjust the url to point to the dirtree.php (unless you place it where the .htaccess file is).
I do something wrong, so I will describe what I do and you maybe can help me.
1) create folder dirtree in wp-content/themes/directorypress/
2) create move_files_to_dir_tree.php in wp-content/themes/directorypress/
3) create dirtree.php in wp-content/themes/directorypress/thumbs
4) edit .htaccess in root of WP instal. Bellow is the code, I would like to use the path instead of URL because I run more directorypress with different URL but they share one theme (WPMU + domain mapping)
# BEGIN dirtree
RewriteRule www/wp-content/themes/directorypress/thumbs/([^/]+)$ www/wp-content/themes/directorypress/thumbs/dirtree.php?file=$1 [L]
Please can you check this?
Why don’t you just keep all the customisations (php files and the dirtree directory) under the WP root rather than fiddling with the urls etc.?
I cant do this job. It is too difficult for me. I recommend to Mark to count with this as e future request.
What do you mean Mark about this?
Submit your feature requests to our ideas board and it could be included in a future theme update.
or contact our support team