This is a community support forum where you can ask questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.
Hi. Ive been using DP for about 2-3 weeks now and have been customising the site. Ive had a few problems that I had to scour these forums and the net for. Some responses assume a working knowledge of WP, which I dont have, so it was trial and error to solve these myself. Some of these might be unusual, but they worked for me. If any information is incorrect about where the correct files are located, please advise, although the files in the folders below worked for me.
1. Adding widgets to individual pages (incl. the Submit page) – drag the widget into the Pages Sidebar in Appearance-Widgets. Select the Widget Display Options, pick the correct condition, drag ‘is_page’ into the ‘active’ area. click on the tools icon, select the page(s). Save it and it will now appear.
2. Adding town/region search – create two custom fields – Region and Town. Populate them by copy/pasting from a CSV list that you can get from lots of places on Google. Add the custom fields to the Advanced Search dropdown.
3. Alter thumbnail size on listings page: edit (in my case, but choose your own themes folder) – /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/themes/directorypress-Classic-DirectoryPress/css/styles.css
Edit pixelsize at the bottom of the document.
4. Altering logo size in search listings page : /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/themes/directorypress-Classic-DirectoryPress/css/styles.css
5. Location of image files: /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/thumbs
6. Location of style : /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/template_directorypress
7. File to edit logo sizes in listings – look for “// IMAGE DISPLAY // V7
echo premiumpress_image($post->ID,””,array(‘alt’ => $post->post_title, ‘link’ => ‘self’, ‘link_class’ => ‘lightbox’, ‘width’ => ’170′, ‘height’ => ’170′, ‘style’ => ‘max-width:170px; max-height:170px;’ )); in /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/template_directorypress/_single.php
see this webpage for more info :
This information might be elsewhere, if so, Im sorry to repeat it, but I had trouble working some of it out myself and hope I can same someone else the trouble. I also added a couple of useful widgets to my site :
-Geo Google – working map searches on any page
-Captcha – security
-Personal Email – change the email account to send from the site rather than the WP address
-Post Index – show an a-z page of you listings
-Search Everything – add search fields previously unavailable.
Could you offer any advice on why my logo isn’t working. I have tried all different formats and I am using the suggest size specification of 90px by 350px.
it should be 350 x 90 Px and the path should be from http://………
Thanks for the reply. I meant 350 x 90 in my last post.
I am just using the auto image uploader within the admin to select the logo. How do I change the path? Is there a bug in the auto uploader?