an
groups-icon

Some Directorypress Tips

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    0 points
    Beginner

Hi. Ive been using DP for about 2-3 weeks now and have been customising the site. Ive had a few problems that I had to scour these forums and the net for. Some responses assume a working knowledge of WP, which I dont have, so it was trial and error to solve these myself. Some of these might be unusual, but they worked for me. If any information is incorrect about where the correct files are located, please advise, although the files in the folders below worked for me.
    1. Adding widgets to individual pages (incl. the Submit page) – drag the widget into the Pages Sidebar in Appearance-Widgets. Select the Widget Display Options, pick the correct condition, drag ‘is_page’ into the ‘active’ area. click on the tools icon, select the page(s). Save it and it will now appear.
    2. Adding town/region search – create two custom fields – Region and Town. Populate them by copy/pasting from a CSV list that you can get from lots of places on Google. Add the custom fields to the Advanced Search dropdown.
    3. Alter thumbnail size on listings page: edit (in my case, but choose your own themes folder) – /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/themes/directorypress-Classic-DirectoryPress/css/styles.css
    Edit pixelsize at the bottom of the document.
    4. Altering logo size in search listings page : /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/themes/directorypress-Classic-DirectoryPress/css/styles.css
    5. Location of image files: /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/thumbs
    6. Location of style : /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/template_directorypress
    7. File to edit logo sizes in listings – look for “// IMAGE DISPLAY // V7
    echo premiumpress_image($post->ID,””,array(‘alt’ => $post->post_title, ‘link’ => ‘self’, ‘link_class’ => ‘lightbox’, ‘width’ => ’170′, ‘height’ => ’170′, ‘style’ => ‘max-width:170px; max-height:170px;’ )); in /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/template_directorypress/_single.php
    see this webpage for more info :

top image on listing page

This information might be elsewhere, if so, Im sorry to repeat it, but I had trouble working some of it out myself and hope I can same someone else the trouble. I also added a couple of useful widgets to my site :

-Geo Google – working map searches on any page
    -Captcha – security
    -Personal Email – change the email account to send from the site rather than the WP address
    -Post Index – show an a-z page of you listings
    -Search Everything – add search fields previously unavailable.

July 25, 2013 at 11:46 am
  • Jonathan Price
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    July 29, 2013 at 4:44 pm
  • Kiran Kumar
    86 points
    Bronze User
    Bronze User
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 29, 2013 at 5:02 pm
  • Jonathan Price
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 29, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Views

Replies