Super Guru 12,968 points
    July 25, 2013 at 7:09 am

🙂 nice one jey!

• Jey
    Jey
    Senior Member 127 points
    July 25, 2013 at 7:42 am

😉

(sorry, it is DP 7.1.4 and not DP 3.1.7)

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    July 25, 2013 at 11:38 am

Mark, a thought just popped into my mind … if I convert a site from 7.1.4 to Responsive … what happens to the Country/State/Region data. Does it get converted to taxonomies … or is it already a custom taxonomy?

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    July 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Ok … for Jey and others interested, I created a test multisite, with a template master-site in 7.1.4 and then cloned it out. Worked fine up to that point. I then installed the R-3.7 theme and updated the sites one by one to the new theme but it didn’t work. The sites with the new theme lost all formatting created in 7.1.4. I now have a suspicion that maybe the Responsive theme doesn’t play nicely with multisite in the first place, and that it has nothing to do with the cloning. Will run another simulation and report back … 🙁

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    July 26, 2013 at 5:33 pm

OK. Tested setting up multiple Responsive sites in a multisite installation by just creating one new site (dub-directory) at a time. It installed and worked perfectly. So R-3.7 works Just Fine on a multisite … but don’t try and clone it. After creating 2 sub-sites in the multisite which both worked out fine (but had to now be set up from scratch each) I decided to run another SIMPLE clone. Took sub-site-1 and changed a few basic settings and then cloned it. Again it did NOT work. It loses all settings and even basic formatting. Quite a mess. If someone else figures a way around this please let me know. I will stay subscribed to this thread.

• Richard
    Richard
    Newbie 53 points
    September 25, 2013 at 10:50 am

Have you tried to approach the clone plugin developers to see if they can narrow down the issue since the responsive theme works fine in multisite?

Richard Wing
    623-505-6302
    skype – richardwing

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,968 points
    September 26, 2013 at 7:02 am

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Build your WordPress Business today with our WordPress Business themes.