Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Shop Theme V9.2.1 Footer Settings

• Jeffrey
    Newbie 23 points
    October 13, 2018 at 6:18 pm

How do I customize the footer? I’m trying to make a minimal footer with my company name and copyright on the left, and minimal set of menu items on the right that I specify under appearance->menus (as I am currently doing in Directory Theme v9.2.0). It’s looking like the footer design (Company Information, Useful Links, Sign up for Newsletter) is driven by the theme/child theme (I’m using Chile 02 / Shop 2). Social icons and useful links remain when no links were provided in the PP Admin tool (Company Info / Page & Button Links). I appreciate any help anyone can provide!

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points
    October 15, 2018 at 7:25 am

hi Jeffrey,

the footer area is an static section for now

if you want to hide some elements, you can let us know we can give you some custom css codes for it

• Lea
    Lea
    Newbie 13 points
    October 17, 2018 at 5:48 pm

Hi I’m having the same problem….not sure how or where to put the code you added to this post?….I am using Shop v9.1, with a child theme..(template_affiliate_shop1).I wish to remove :
    Remove in Footer:
    #1. The Social media icons I deleted the icons but the boxes are still showing?
    #2. second column : My Account; Blog; About Us; Contact;
    #3. Also wish to remove Sign Up For Newsletter. I went into PP Dashboard and changed Newsletter setting to disable, and it disabled the subscription but not the Text: SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER – Sign up to get our latest exclusive updates, deals, offer and promotions.

It seems the Header is the same, I do not want the Search Box, or the ?My Account” and Favorites to show inside the header. I added an Advertising box for my own ad and it is not showing either?
    Gail

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 39 points
    December 21, 2018 at 2:45 pm

Hi Lea
    Did you figure out how to change or edit the text in the footer section? I would like to edit my text but I don’t know how in Version 9
    “SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER – Sign up to get our latest exclusive updates, deals, offer and promotions.”

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 39 points
    December 21, 2018 at 2:46 pm

Hi jeffrey
    Did you figure out how to change or edit the text in the footer section? I would like to edit my text but I don’t know how in Version 9
    “SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER – Sign up to get our latest exclusive updates, deals, offer and promotions.”

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    December 21, 2018 at 11:45 pm

Hello All,

Note: You’ll need to determine which footer file you’re using to copy to your child theme directory.

Try this…. create a file called “footer-menu.php” in your child theme directory and use this:
    <?php
    /*
    * Theme: PREMIUMPRESS CORE FRAMEWORK FILE
    * Url: www.premiumpress.com
    * Author: Mark Fail
    * THIS FILE WILL BE UPDATED WITH EVERY UPDATE
    * IF YOU WANT TO MODIFY THIS FILE, CREATE A CHILD THEME
    * http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
    */
    if (!defined('THEME_VERSION')) { header('HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden'); exit; }

global $CORE, $post;

get_template_part('footer-1');

?>
    The code calls the footer file and looks for it in the the same directory as this file.
    So, now copy whichever footer file block that your theme is using to your child theme directory.

In the above code I’m calling “footer-1”. The actual file name is footer-1.php and was copied from the /SP/framework/elementor/blocks/ directory. This will be the file to make footer changes.

The end result will add two additional files to your child theme directory. “footer-menu.php” and “footer-X.php” (with “X” being which ever number the theme is using).

Hope this makes sense.

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 39 points
    December 22, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Thanks will give it a go.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    December 22, 2018 at 10:17 pm

@Frank

If you run into problems or are unable to find what you need then let me know the child theme you’re using and I’ll put the files together for you to just upload into your child theme.

• Naveed
    Newbie 37 points
    December 24, 2018 at 8:16 am

I’m designing my home-page in DT9. If anyone likes it ping me. https://ww2.businessfinder.ae

I’ll help you setup the headers, content or footers without using a single line of code using Elementor.

You can set as many columns in footer, header etc as you want.

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 39 points
    December 24, 2018 at 1:21 pm

Nice work Naveed.
    My site was also built using Elementor. I’m using the business theme with all the business features hidden. I have the option to use my own footer but I was hoping changing the text was a simple fix.
    Chances are I will make my own in January.

Home

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 39 points
    December 24, 2018 at 1:51 pm

James.
    Thanks for your offer but I’m using the original business listing template not a child theme. I have no plans of updating the theme because I’m not using the features. I’m just using the basic template and 99% of the work is done in Elementor. I have never explored the benefits of using a child theme but according to your post perhaps I should.
    Do you recommend that I build on child themes instead of the Original templates? I need to know for future sites.

I have the option to use my own footer but I was hoping changing the text was a simple fix. I do have a development site so I will fool around and try to change the text on the development site.
    Chances are I will make my own using Elememtor in January.

Home

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    December 24, 2018 at 10:41 pm

@Frank

Yes, Elementor would be ideal (I think that’s the direction Marks heading) and can make things easier IF the widgets are designed to allow changes. It doesn’t help when PP widgets don’t offer proper settings/options to make minimal changes. A lot can be done with Elementor, but the integration still lacks between the themes and Elementor (IMHO).

Do you recommend that I build on child themes instead of the Original templates?

If you have any intention to make ANY type of custom changes to any of the default/core theme files, then yes. With the child theme you won’t have to worry about your custom changes being automatically be overwritten after a theme update.

It would probably be ideal in the long run. Either way when changes are made adverse effects can still happen, you’ll just be protected a bit.

The main thing would be to keep an eye on on any of the child theme files that were copied from core theme. If changes are made to them then they’ll need to be updated manually.

If you like you can try the attached skeleton child theme of the default Directory theme. I’ve tried to simplify and minimize the files needed, just be sure you test to ensure nothing is missing/broken. Let me know the specifics if you hit any speed bumps.

The default theme uses yellow for the buttons/footer. This file is ‘footer-2.php’. This is what the skeleton is currently setup to use as well. I placed a copy of the ‘footer-1.php’ in there just in case. It’s not needed if not being used, so you can delete if you want.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    December 24, 2018 at 10:47 pm

Note:: To be safe I’d recommend making a backup of your database first.

• LaTrelle
    Newbie 1 points
    January 7, 2019 at 3:01 am

for those still interested. go into Elementor, create a 1,2,3,4 section at the bottom of page. Add your contents. Then save a template. You will have to add this template to each page. Add space to the top new section. Add the following css: ‘footer{display: none;}’

• Naveed
    Newbie 37 points
    January 7, 2019 at 7:12 am

@LaTrelle
    It’s not a good practice, as in future for every page or any post you have to load a template again and again.
    In Elementor there is special section called for Footer. You can create a template with as many sections you want and in display settings you can set it to Global or Pages you want.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)