New 8.4

• Trisha
    Trisha
    Newbie 36 points
    August 10, 2015 at 4:01 pm

@ Mark Fail

Hi Mark
    I was told I could now update to 8.4 via my members area but I dont see it anywhere. I am missing something? I still show 8.3.

Much thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Trisha
    Trisha
    Newbie 36 points
    August 10, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Hello? Anyone? I have been having issues with this job board theme all weekend and was told I could ask for the new update. I did. I was told the update 8.4 was in my members area. It is not.

Any news on how/when and where I can get upgrade and move on?!

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 10, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Hello Trisha,
    Mark Fail will respond to your ticket and update your account for you

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    August 10, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Sometime is best to sign-out and login once again then refresh the page the update might be there.

• Trisha
    Trisha
    Newbie 36 points
    August 10, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Thank you Errol but I have closed out, signed out, cleared cache – the norm. I bought this theme awhile ago and never used it cause I was using another theme. I have always liked and preferred this this theme was the best but sadly, it has too many issues – unresolved issues.

14 hours ago I was told I could download the new 8.4 from my dashboard in hopes of resolving my issues AND I am still waiting? Not cool…

Sadly, I guess I need to stay with my current theme. Disappointed to say the least.

Thanks.

• Trisha
    Trisha
    Newbie 36 points
    August 10, 2015 at 7:34 pm

I do appreciate the communication. Top-notch!

• Trisha
    Trisha
    Newbie 36 points
    August 10, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Why in the hell is everyone able to download 8.4 but me and WHY am I waiting 16-18 hours when I purchased this as well? Can I get some assistance?! Absolutely ridiculous.

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    August 10, 2015 at 11:11 pm

Mark has ALREADY said that he will NOT enable the auto-updater (i.e. update theme from within WordPress) for a few weeks UNTIL any bugs are sorted out.

If you really must update to 8.4 immediately, download from the members area and upgrade manually.

BUT back up your “old” site first, and ideally test the upgrade on a development site before rolling out to your live sites – as there WILL almost certainly be a few gremlins lurking in the 8.4 initial release.

HTH 🙂

• Mark
    Mark
    Titan 733 points
    August 10, 2015 at 11:52 pm

@Trisha, sometimes for strange reason not all members get ‘updated’ – simply submit a ticket and Mark will add the latest version to your download section.

• Christopher Lee
    Christopher Lee
    Senior Member 348 points
    August 11, 2015 at 12:45 am

@Trisha – Classifieds, Coupon, Directory (DT not BT), and the Shop theme appear to be the only v8.4’s available according to my members area theme downloads.

You may need to raise a ticket to get the Mistro’s attention as he’ll be flat out doing developer stuff and not crawling the forums.

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    August 11, 2015 at 1:04 am

You may need to raise a ticket to get the Mistro’s attention as he’ll be flat out doing developer stuff and not crawling the forums.

Then again, Tuesday is Mark Fail’s relaxation day.

In the morning he goes to a Health Spa to get his seaweed wrap, massage, manicure and pedicure. He usually then spends the afternoon on his Sunseeker Portofino speedboat.

Piccy here: https://i.imgur.com/tZ4o0OL.jpg

Unfortunately, there is no decent wi-fi at sea – which is why he doesn’t visit this forum until late at night when he gets back to his villa.

• Christopher Lee
    Christopher Lee
    Senior Member 348 points
    August 11, 2015 at 1:22 am

People say learning algebra at school was a waste of time. There’s a reason why ‘bra’ is in the word!!! 😛

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    August 11, 2015 at 1:51 am

People say learning algebra at school was a waste of time. There’s a reason why ‘bra’ is in the word!!!

Indeed. When you are an elite coder like Mark Fail, you’ll have no shortage of money or women.

The PremiumPress community is 36,460 members and growing!

So, 36460 (registered buyers) x $50 (average PremiumPress theme price) = $1, 823,000

Nearly 2 million bucks in revenue from PremiumPress alone, and this is just one of his many projects.

When I finally make it like Mark, I’ll probably buy a speedboat and a villa too 🙂

• Trisha
    Trisha
    Newbie 36 points
    August 11, 2015 at 3:37 am

Just confused as I am hearing 2 different things:

1) I was told, via email, by Mark, that I could go to my members area AND download it from my member area – BUT its not there.

2) Then I am told, Mark has ALREADY said that he will NOT enable the auto-updater (i.e. update theme from within WordPress) for a few weeks UNTIL any bugs are sorted out.

3) So, I don’t know what the deal is….just want what I paid for 2 to be available and working correctly so I can move forward. I have wasted too much time already.

TY

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 11, 2015 at 7:50 am

8.4 is available as a full install only, there is no update yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes