Uche

Directory theme update, 8.2 to 8.8

Hi Mark, Been a long time. pls how do i install the new directory update, 8.8? i am still using 8.2 i tried uploading new them but says

"Destination folder already exists. /home/listmeng/public_html/listing/wp-content/themes/DT/ Theme install failed."
pls, i need help. Thanks in anticipation. Uche

Created: October 24, 2015 at 8:40 am
  • In: Directory Theme
  • Started by: UcheUche
  • 7 members left 16 comments
  • Last reply from: markmark

• Janak
    October 24, 2015 at 9:15 am

Uche, you should delete the old DT folder before trying to upload new DT folder.

Don’t forget to backup first in case you have problems.

Also, you will most likely have to set lots of things up again as so much has changed after version You may be better waiting for the auto-updater.

See:

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    October 25, 2015 at 4:55 am

Version Available Now

• Joe
    October 27, 2015 at 2:38 am

How do you get the Auto Updater? I don’t see an option to Auto Update. Thanks.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    October 27, 2015 at 2:41 am

Admin -> dashboard -> check for updates.

WP can be very slow at times so it might take a few hours.

• Joe
    October 27, 2015 at 5:22 am

For some reason this doesn’t work for me. My theme version is still There’s never been an Update option for me for the theme. I just did Dashboard > Updates > Check Again and still nothing – “Your themes are all up to #8221; I am using a child theme as well.

• Joe
    October 27, 2015 at 5:19 pm

So from reading some other posts, I see I’m not the only person with this problem. What’s the secret to getting WordPress to see that there is an update. Dashboard > Updates > Check Again results in “Your Themes Are All Up to Date” yet my Directory theme is still version

• Joe
    October 28, 2015 at 5:41 am

It took a ticket to Support to get a proper response, but here it is for others facing the same problem (the key is that auto update didn’t start until ). See my WARNING at the end.

“The auto update will only work for + versions. Currently you have too old theme version so you must do the manual update.

Steps to update:
    1. Please create a backup for your site database and files first before doing any updates (themes or wordpress)
    2. Please login to: then download the latest version.
    3. Login to your FTP or file manager on your cpanel hosting and go to the wp-content/themes/ folder and rename the old main theme folder.
    4. Please login to your wordpress dashboard > Appearance > And upload the new theme.
    5. If there is an issue with the homepage display, please go to Theme Options > Page setup > home tab and set your home page again.
    6. #8221;

WARNING: While doing this successfully updated the main theme to , it did mess up my child page home page and I had to redo everything from scratch to reset it up.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    October 28, 2015 at 5:44 am

did you try the “force refresh” button?

• Joe
    October 28, 2015 at 6:20 am

The problem was that prior to there is no Auto Update available. So for people like the original poster () and me () the “refresh/wait for update message” was not applicable. So anyone prior to must first do a manual update then from that point on they will get the Auto Update messages.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    October 28, 2015 at 7:46 am

thanks for updating

• Hanno
    Hanno
    October 28, 2015 at 9:11 am

My sites are running on This morning I deleted cookies and emptied cache and restarted pc and all my sites had the automatic update available in backoffice

• Tara
    October 28, 2015 at 9:37 am

Worked brilliant for me Great Job thanks Mark

Regards Tara

• mark
    mark
    November 14, 2015 at 7:00 pm

The info above by the original member post to update from and the steps given by one member says you should delete the old DT folder before trying to upload new DT folder and another member states that 3. Login to your FTP or file manager on your cpanel hosting and go to the wp-content/themes/ folder and rename the old main theme folder.

Which is correct delete or changing the old main theme folder, and if this is the case what do you rename the old folder too? Or if i delete the old DT folder will the files for my present site get deleted or will it still available after updating to , i usually backup site first, thanks.

I do see an auto update in admin to update from to but when i try doing that it messed the whole site up; do not understand why seeing it was supposed to be an update for the present theme.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    November 15, 2015 at 4:15 pm

The auto updater is from + thus it wont show up for for the very reason that had a completely different CSS framework version and updating will cause issues for those with custom child themes and design setup.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)