Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Add Username and Password Creation to Listing Package Subscribe Page

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 27, 2013 at 12:40 am

Hi all,

When a user is viewing my listing packages and clicks “Subscribe”.

Right now, they see a message:

Account Creation

If you are already a member please login otherwise we will auto create a new account for you with the email address you provide below;

Is there a way to add a Username and Password fields on this page, and have those details sent as normal?

p.s. I posted a similar question in another thread, but didn’t really ask it right and replied to my own post with a clarification.
    http://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/custom-username-during-registration/

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,820 points
    July 27, 2013 at 2:53 am

the username/pass is auto created, i’v not added it default here as this causes alot of spam.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 27, 2013 at 11:52 am

OK, so no way to add it now, and both are auto-created. My concern is that the partial email address becomes the username, no huge deal really but here’s a follow up question.

If I make email, username, password registration fields under General Settings and make them “Editable Under My Account”, will a user be able to edit these? If so, do you foresee this causing any issues, especially if a user tries to change their username?

Is there a “username check” in that would recognize if they’re trying to add a username that already exists?

I suspect I am only tempting fate with trying to allow a username edit, but wanted to ask so I know the full capability here.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,820 points
    July 27, 2013 at 2:37 pm

hi Adam

username cannot be changed once the account has been created so that wouldnt be an issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)