Add Username and Password Creation to Listing Package Subscribe Page

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Add Username and Password Creation to Listing Package Subscribe Page

Add Username and Password Creation to Listing Package Subscribe Page

July 27, 2013
Adam Adam
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

Hi all,

When a user is viewing my listing packages and clicks “Subscribe”.

Right now, they see a message:

Account Creation

If you are already a member please login otherwise we will auto create a new account for you with the email address you provide below;

Is there a way to add a Username and Password fields on this page, and have those details sent as normal?

p.s. I posted a similar question in another thread, but didn’t really ask it right and replied to my own post with a clarification.
    http://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/custom-username-during-registration/

July 27, 2013 at 12:40 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

the username/pass is auto created, i’v not added it default here as this causes alot of spam.

July 27, 2013 at 2:53 am
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

OK, so no way to add it now, and both are auto-created. My concern is that the partial email address becomes the username, no huge deal really but here’s a follow up question.

If I make email, username, password registration fields under General Settings and make them “Editable Under My Account”, will a user be able to edit these? If so, do you foresee this causing any issues, especially if a user tries to change their username?

Is there a “username check” in that would recognize if they’re trying to add a username that already exists?

I suspect I am only tempting fate with trying to allow a username edit, but wanted to ask so I know the full capability here.

July 27, 2013 at 11:52 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

hi Adam

username cannot be changed once the account has been created so that wouldnt be an issue.

July 27, 2013 at 2:37 pm
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team