Custom Username During Registration?

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Custom Username During Registration?

Custom Username During Registration?

July 26, 2013
Adam Adam
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

Hi all,

Under General Setup–>Registration–>Fields

I have only added an Email field so far and have registered as a test user. When the email was sent, the email was used as the username and an auto-created password was included.

Is my understanding correct that if I also create a “Username” and “Password” field, that the entries here will be used and sent to the user instead?

I’m trying to be proactive here as I only have so many test email addresses to work with:)

July 26, 2013 at 1:28 pm
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

Ok, it seems I didn’t understand. Username, email, password are already there if the user click on “Register”. Cool.

What I’m asking about then, is when a user is viewing my listing packages and clicks “Subscribe”.

Right now, they see a message:

Account Creation

If you are already a member please login otherwise we will auto create a new account for you with the email address you provide below;

Is there a way to add a Username and Password fields on this page, and have those details sent as normal?

July 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

replied to your other post

July 27, 2013 at 2:53 am
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team