Which Takes Precedence When Customizing?

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Which Takes Precedence When Customizing?

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Which Takes Precedence When Customizing?

March 2, 2019
 Susan

• Susan
    Newbie 15 points

I’m still working on customizing my site and with some help from other forum users have managed to figure out how to do most of what I want so far. But the process has raised an important question, at least for me…

It seems there are a number of ways to create customizations:
    1 – using Elementor
    2 – by going to the Appearance > Customize section
    3 – by going to the Appearance > Theme Editor section (where one can edit the stylesheet)

It seems that in some cases, there is more than one way to approach a particular customization. In other cases, only one of these will work.

My question is, which takes priority? For example if I change the header background colour to 3 different colours using each of the 3 methods listed above, which one will override the others? Not that I mean to do this on purpose, but my point is I’m trying to understand where I should go first to make a particular customization. If what I want to do is not available there, where should I go next, etc?

March 2, 2019 at 4:28 am
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points

hi,

For Simple, basic CSS customization you can add it via Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS. This way your codes will remain even if you update the theme.

If you’re editing directly to the files, make sure you either add it to the childtheme or create a backup of your edited file , this way when you update your theme you can easily reupload it back , coz auto update or manual update overwrites your codes

March 4, 2019 at 2:35 am
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team