where did all the good stuff go?

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 30, 2013 at 4:19 am

Hi Mark,
    In my old site running coupon press I had quite a few more options than what I have now in the responsive coupon theme and I was wondering if maybe its because I missed something or they just dont exist in the new rct version. These are items like “articles” gone? widgets page had options on the right, for pages & articles etc in addition to the right, left plus footers but now I only have widgets for the right and left columns and footers.
    The menu area only shows pages, links & category anymore and in the add coupon section I had a great deal of options for url links, html or java option to show within the coupon as well as affiliate designation etc.
    So am I missing these things perhaps with an install issue or are they all features that didn’t make it into the updated responsive coupon theme?

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    August 30, 2013 at 5:57 am

Artices: Now use the standard WordPress “Posts” Post Type
    Widgets: Can still be used conditionally plus tehre are plugins like https://wordpress.org/plugins/section-widget/
    Menu: Can be changed via Appearance -> Menu’s
    Other Options: Create some custom fields, if anything these new themes are even more feature packed.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 30, 2013 at 5:47 pm

thanks Aaron, the new themes are more featured packed, especially with the new plugins available and upcoming.

it just takes time for older users to find their way around.

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 30, 2013 at 8:49 pm

oh man, did you have to use the term “older” on all days but my birthday!
    So wait,
    Is coupon press and the responsive theme backwards compatible? Like if I changed my theme back to the old version and made some changes and additions, if I then went back to responsive, could I take those changes with me? And what about in the case of a backup copy of the old version, can it be restored into the responsive theme?

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 30, 2013 at 9:03 pm

for menus, I know how to create them thats ok but what I meant by that part was when you first go into the area by double clicking on “menus” you used to show widgets to the left that already had all of the options to make a new menu with, for example categories showed all of them or the most used, links, same and tags same thing, stores etc every different option was already pre-made along the left side and you checked the box to add each item as you chose and create a new menu. It gave me everything I needed to make a new menu with. well now those things arent there so how can I make menus?

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 30, 2013 at 9:09 pm

also same with the widgets area, all the widgets show along the middle and at the far right gave me places to put those widgets like on my pages, on listing pages, home page as well as footer, center 3 column and others, all a designated box on the right side and you put whatever in to that box. I used to have lots of different boxes to put my widgets into but now I dont. So how do I tell the widgets section to add the boxes to the right again, that was a part of they system I always thought, but it was a plugin?

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    September 1, 2013 at 8:58 am

I am about to throw in the towel!

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    September 1, 2013 at 12:25 pm

With the menus, the missing items on the left can be re added via clicking the Screen Options at the top of the page and selecting the ones you want.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 1, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Q. Is coupon press and the responsive theme backwards compatible?

A. no, the plugin will only transfer from the old to the new.

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    September 1, 2013 at 11:21 pm

thanks

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    September 1, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Aaron,
    PERFECT!! They are back, finally. One down and Thank you!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes