A9

Website thumbnails plugin custom key

I read elsewhere on this forum that the custom key to use was 'url'. Seems right as this is my database key too. I looked in the Theme Setup > Plugin > Website Screenshot settings dropdown and it's not available. It's also not possible to set this manually. How do I get 'url' in there? Also, could you update how to get the Google API key please? It's not as shown in the plugin tutorial any more.

Created: October 5, 2016 at 3:30 pm
  • In: Directory Theme
  • Started by: A9
  • 4 members left 5 comments
  • Last reply from: MarieMarie

• Joe
    Joe
    October 5, 2016 at 4:19 pm

I can’t help you with the custom key question, but the google api
    can be obtained by going to #q=google+api+key

• Josh
    October 5, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Hello A9,
    Please go to Theme Setup >Listing Setup >Custom Fields >Create a custom field with Database key as url

• Marie
    Marie
    October 6, 2016 at 5:24 am

Hi A9,

Once you installed the thumbnail plugin you can then goto Theme setup > Plugin – Website Screenshot Settings > there you can read and see how to get api key.

• A9
    October 10, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Thanks for the replies.

For some reason, the ‘url’ field was not showing as a choice in the dropdown until I added another field (phone2) to the custom fields area. Note that ‘url’ was already in there by default. It shows now and I have set it to this. Unfortunately, I still can’t get the thumbnail to display, it shows a message ‘Invalid url’ or just ‘h’ overlaid where the image should be.

I have looked where Marie suggested above, but unfortunately this information is out of date. It seems that Google have changed the way they do things in the API management area since that was written. That said, I have setup an API key and linked it to my server IP address. I can see that this appears to be working as it is enabled and it looks as though there have been a few calls to this already (see screenshot attached).

I notice there is a debug mode option on the plugin, where is the debug data accessible from?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Marie
    Marie
    October 11, 2016 at 6:07 am

Hi A9,

Can you please create a ticket for this so we can take a look at your site and api?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)