an
groups-icon

Video uploads not working for non-admin

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Jeff Alberts
    0 points
    Beginner

I’m having a friend help me test video uploads for Video Theme, and it’s not going well. I’ve given his account the membership option that allows video uploads.

First, we convert an MP4 to FLV so we can have a thumbnail extracted.

Second, he adds a new listing, filling out all the required fields. The video being uploaded is about 400mb, well below my max upload limit for the server.

He waits for the upload to complete, and eventually it returns him to the Add Listing screen, not the completed listing screen with a message that his listing is pending review.

In the admin panel I can see the new listing, but there is no attachment.

So, I created a test account for myself, using my second PC. I’ve given that account the same membership access as my friend.

I upload another video, only 15mb FLV. It uploads, and I get the listing screen with the message that the listing is pending review. But, no playable video is shown.

So I go to the admin panel and approve the listing. Still no playable video shown. When I view attachments in the admin panel I can see the attachment, and when I Edit Attachment, the video plays. But it still doesn’t show on the front end as a playable video. And looking in the folder on the server, no jpg was created by FFMPEG.

Is there a setting I’m missing somewhere? note: I’m ONLY using Membership packages, and not Listing Packages, which the video tutorials says you can do.

So what am I missing??

December 16, 2013 at 1:31 am
  • Jeff Alberts
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    December 16, 2013 at 1:48 am

Views

Replies