Video theme as memebership site only

• Andre
    Andre
    Newbie 23 points
    April 8, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Hi,
    I want a rather simple setup.
    I list videos. they see its cool stuff, with teaser content and then they click on video link to want to see full video.
    Then they get presented payment page, membership options and chose a membership pay, and get acces s to the restricted and the full content.

But, as I see so many set up options I cannot look through.
    can someone give me a hint how to ue this easy setup with video theme? 8.9.6 version

• Andre
    Newbie 21 points
    April 8, 2018 at 1:55 pm

No, its already the current version 8.9.7

• Andre
    Newbie 21 points
    April 9, 2018 at 9:33 am

After watching the video “Memberships Vs Listing Packages” I assume that I could do a paysite.
    I would create NO listing packages, but three memberships, what I did.
    The content I want to disallow to be visited by free users could be restircted with the shortcodes. And that shortcode based on the memberships, when the membership is paid, the content can be visited (all the videos and the image galleries)

But… there is a setting in the videos which says “Timeout” on a video. Which I used, but the user can scroll through the whole video. No timeout happens. EDIT: Timeout works now.
    And on the video page is possible to “link” to a listing package, but why only linking to listing why not linking to membership as well?

I can repeat my goal only.
    Video shown as teaser, A timeout after 30 seconds for example, then redirect to register page.
    There membership pacakges are displayed only.
    User registers, pays, can watch full content anywhre for a certain time.
    That is the setup I need. and it seems to be quite far away from what the original use is (but I consider this way with memeberships a way to earn, it should be in demand a lot)

How to do it?
    Andre

• Andre
    Newbie 21 points
    April 12, 2018 at 9:19 pm

hello? anybody?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,494 points
    April 13, 2018 at 2:30 am

Hello Andre,

For simplicity, you can add a message with a link to a specific page (i.e. registration/order page) to be displayed once the video has timed out with something like this…

<div class="text-center alert alert-danger border border-danger" role="alert">
            <h3>Want To Enjoy The FULL Show?</h3>
            <h4>< a href="FULL_URL_TO_REGISTRATION_OR_ORDER_PAGE">Click NOW And Join Today!< /a></h4>
    </div>

Just a general idea, design/style as needed.
    Go to “Theme Setup > General Setup > Video Settings > Guest Users > What message should we display?” and click on the “Text” tab (above the editor), then paste the above in and save.
    Note: Be sure to replace the FULL_URL_TO_REGISTRATION_OR_ORDER_PAGE with the URL where you want them to go. And remove the spaces in ‘< a’ and ‘< /a>’.

• Andre
    Newbie 21 points
    April 13, 2018 at 6:47 am

This is really a nice idea and the way I want to go. yes.
    But I must make sure. that people get membership only.
    Do you think my setup is right now?
    https://www.hoteurogirls.com/listing/black-lesbians-love-play-turns-into-hot-black-threesome/

• Andre
    Newbie 21 points
    April 13, 2018 at 7:22 am

And where do I change all the setting of the home page when I use a child theme?
    I want to set up things easily. its a bit cluttered like it is right now, or not?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,494 points
    April 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Do you think my setup is right now?

It looks like what you were trying to do.

• Andre
    Newbie 21 points
    April 18, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Thanks a lot.
    Ok, do you have any idea why I cannot chagne anything on the front page?
    How its organized? and so…

Anybody helped me 4 months ago to set the slider, but he kept slient how he did it, now I have also no clue about this.
    The slider plugin is not what it does. Not working.
    There IS a slider already, but wihtout a slider plugin.
    Where to change things on this as well?
    Please. am lost.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes