Roy

V9 incomplete

Can anyone explain why they would build their site in version 9 if it is still pending upgrades? For me two major issues are: 1. the Single listing page only displaying ONE photo even though the Add Listing page allows the user to submit up to 40. 2. There is no advanced search. I have come across numerous other issues with version 9 but i can't list them since my SUPPORT TICKETS have been deleted. Why is there no history of support tickets?

Created: September 13, 2018 at 6:20 pm
  • In: Auction Theme
  • Started by: Roy
  • 2 members left 18 comments
  • Last reply from: Roy

• JamesD
    JamesD
    September 13, 2018 at 7:51 pm

Hello Roy,
    Unfortunately, on going fixes/updates seems to be norm.

the Single listing page only displaying ONE photo even though the Add Listing page allows the user to submit up to 40.
    Which theme/child theme are you using? It seems fine for me using the default Auction theme.

There is no advanced search.
    Are you referring to something specifically for an Advanced Search that’s not in the widget?
    There are two options, a Search Bar and Search Box (which is suppose to be the Advanced Search).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Roy
    September 13, 2018 at 8:26 pm

I gave up after

• JamesD
    JamesD
    September 13, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Ok, thanks for the update.

• Roy
    September 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Hmm, actually it looks like it auto-updated already to version but my single page listings do not display more than one photo when there have been multiples uploaded per listing. I also have some glitch that is causing single listing pages to loop-refresh. I had this issue previously and support simply said refresh the browser but I just checked it in 3 different browsers and its just keeps looping the refresh.

2001 INDIAN CHIEF 100 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Only active plugins are Wordfence, Elementor and Elementor PremiumPress Add-Ons.

• Roy
    September 13, 2018 at 10:04 pm

Three to four weeks ago I was trying to add the search bar to the home page and the slider did not work. Mark Fail told me the search bar is not designed to be used on the home page. At that time he told me that the advanced search is pending upgrade.

I need search on the home page, so I gave up and went back to version 8.

• Roy
    September 13, 2018 at 10:10 pm

I see that there has been a search box added to Elementor add-ons. I might try another attempt a v9, however the single page listing single image thing is still a huge problem…

• JamesD
    JamesD
    September 13, 2018 at 10:56 pm

Mark Fail told me the search bar is not designed to be used on the home page.
    Yes, this is still true for the home page.

I also have some glitch that is causing single listing pages to loop-refresh. I had this issue previously and support simply said refresh the browser but I just checked it in 3 different browsers and its just keeps looping the refresh.
    The count timer is causing the problem, appears to be a bug of some sort. (see image); It may only happen with expired listings.

… however the single page listing single image thing is still a huge problem

Have you tried creating a new listing after making setting changes?

• Roy
    September 13, 2018 at 11:04 pm

Yeah, the countdown timer. I notice that a sold listing does not have the refresh problem…

Okay, so I also noticed that in the admin when I check the auction listings there is no section for media for these listings, even though multiple images were uploaded and one image is displayed within the listing page. I will try to create a new listing and check the results.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    September 13, 2018 at 11:22 pm

so I also noticed that in the admin when I check the auction listings there is no section for media for these listings, even though multiple images were uploaded and one image is displayed within the listing page
    You are correct, currently listing images are not accessible via admin edit.

• Roy
    September 13, 2018 at 11:23 pm

What a mess. They won’t respond to my ticket regarding the Make and Model problem with taxonomies that I have in version 8. So now I have to switch back to a duplicate build in v9 to see if IT will work instead.

I created a new auction listing and it does not have the refresh problem that the previous listings had, but it only loads one photo and I upload two. In the admin the second photo that was uploaded somehow was added as an additional listing that is labeled ‘temp post’. I had this same problem weeks ago and created a support ticket and when Marie checked it, the temp post was not there anymore and i confirmed that when I checked the admin but now it is happening again.

I am preparing a noose for future use if this site can’t be finished. F!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Roy
    September 13, 2018 at 11:26 pm

Why the hell was v9 released if it does not perform at LEAST as well as v8? And when I comment about some problem in v8 the boilerplate response is “we are fixing that in v9”. Ridiculous.

And, WTF, will I have to reload all listings every time there is a version update?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    September 14, 2018 at 12:37 am

@Roy

Which v9 theme/child theme are you using?
    Are you using a page you created or are you using page builders Single Listing Page Design template? If you are, have you edited it since installed?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    September 14, 2018 at 12:56 am

Note: I’m assuming you’re using the “Add Listing” process that members would use and not via admin.

• Roy
    September 14, 2018 at 2:41 am

I created a Child theme with Child Theme Configurator plugin.

Add-Listing:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)