Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Use Own Child Theme

• Abhishek
    Newbie 14 points
    February 21, 2019 at 10:22 am

Hi,

I have made some changes in the code to suit my need at https://www.couponboyz.com Whenever there is an update, I have to change the code manually.

I tried creating child theme but CSS always break the entire website. Do anybody uses their own child theme? Can anybody share the child theme file. I watched the official premiumpress video on child theme but could not make it.

Can anybody help?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    February 21, 2019 at 11:14 am

Hello Abhishek,
    If you’re using the built-in default child theme (i.e. _coupon) then you’ll actually need to create a separate custom child theme containing the required minimum files (at least). Usually copying the /CP9/_coupon/template/images/ directory and/or the /CP9/_coupon/template/style.css file into the custom child theme will fix the CSS breaking problem.

When in doubt you can always copy all of the default child theme files/directories from /CP9/_coupon/template into the custom child theme directory and remove files not needed.

Hope this makes sense.

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points
    February 22, 2019 at 1:55 am

Thanks for sharing James :)

• Abhishek
    Newbie 14 points
    February 26, 2019 at 2:05 pm

I’ll try when the new version comes.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    February 27, 2019 at 2:11 am

@Abhishek
    This is a plugin that will create a child theme created from the active PP theme by copying the required files. Basically a clone of it.

You would then use the new child theme to make custom changes without messing up the original theme .

Boiler

It’s relatively basic currently, however if there’s enough interest I’d be willing to continue updating it with requested options/features for easier customization.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)