Chris

Upgrade to power seller

What does this feature do? I don't see any difference in test ads / accounts / memberships with this on or off... so if I am selling it for $10 or whatever, what exactly am I selling? I mean I don't mind easy money... but there has to be a benefit for the customer?

Created: April 15, 2020 at 7:45 am
  • In: Classifieds Theme
  • Started by: ChrisChris
  • 4 members left 11 comments
  • Last reply from: Will

• Chris
    Chris
    April 21, 2020 at 7:32 am

Is there anyone here using Classifieds theme that can explain this feature? I have it activated and have tested several listings and do not see any difference between a power user and regular user. What am I missing?

• Anonymous
    April 24, 2020 at 11:05 am

hi chris,

Its like an addon for the member where it adds a badge to your profile indicating you are a power seller.

• Chris
    Chris
    April 24, 2020 at 4:52 pm

I have a verified user with this upgrade enabled and no badge. There is a ticket on it

• Marie
    Marie
    April 28, 2020 at 8:59 am

Hi Chris,

We will check further on this ticket.

Thank you.

• Will
    May 7, 2020 at 11:15 am

hi, is there any update on this? I also added the power seller feature to my site and there doesnt appear to be any benefit to it. I have enabled it for a couple of users and when i use the power seller search filter these users listings dont appear and return zero search results. There are 30 listings between both users. I would like to keep this feature on my site but if it doesnt do anything its not going to work well with users.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Chris
    Chris
    May 7, 2020 at 3:58 pm

The word I got was the theme I was using didn’t have the space / layout needed to display the power user details so best to disable it for now.

• Will
    May 7, 2020 at 8:49 pm

Yeah i will be removing it from my site unfortunately. Its a pity as i would have liked to keep the feature with its own search filter and it could also be a good way to generate further income. Hows your site going? Do you mind me asking what it is to have a look at?

• Chris
    Chris
    May 7, 2020 at 9:51 pm

I bought this theme about 8 years ago or so. This is the first time I have actually completed a project with it, and in order to do so I had to change my expectations from past projects I started and did not finish.

• Will
    May 7, 2020 at 10:17 pm

Nice site Chris. Im not too far from launching my site, just a couple of small issues to sort beforehand. The power seller feature not working being one of the, but unfortunately im just going to disable it.

• Chris
    Chris
    May 7, 2020 at 11:36 pm

Thanks Will,

I’m not thrilled with it but then again I’m like that and never get my own stuff done as a result! 🤷‍♂️

Do you know how to disable it? Put the price to $0.

There really isn’t any indication that this is how you make it disappear. 👍

• Will
    May 8, 2020 at 9:12 am

yes i have it disable and all, thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)