Upgrade Instructions from V8 to newer

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Upgrade Instructions from V8 to newer

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Upgrade Instructions from V8 to newer

January 5, 2019
 Scott A.

• Scott A.
    Newbie 1 points

I am only part geek, and I have several directory sites. I know I am to the point I have to upgrade because of Google Map API. I like the layout I have and at points, I tried the updated Versions and could not replicate what I have.
    Please — Help tell me how to update theme from V8 plus child business theme to a newer version. Not great with code. Only negative I have ever found with Theme. I want to buy job board soon.

January 5, 2019 at 3:38 pm
  • Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 33 points

Bump, and would also like to know if a one step Directory Theme v8 to v9 can be done in one step?

Thanks in advance.

January 9, 2019 at 6:26 pm
  • Scott
    Scott
    Newbie 71 points

We all have been awaiting the promised “Upgrade tool” since july 2017. You are in the same boat as the rest of us, especially now that WordPress 5.xx is on the scene and all of our Premiumpress 8.xx themes cannot be upgraded to that standard.

Not a word from Mark Fail on this for several months. Last we knew he had to make sure all themes were updated to 9.xx and all child themes were also up to snuff. It does not seem like the last four themes have been touched in a long time.

January 9, 2019 at 9:42 pm
  • Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 33 points

Hi Scott, oh wow, thanks for the update (about lack of updates :)

OK, so I’m going to test a direct upgrade from Directory Theme v8 to v9 locally first.

Main reason for doing this is that the [MISC] – Website Thumbnails plugin Version 2.4 by PremiumPress (captures website thumbnails for listings) now slows my site to an almost standstill, had to deactivate it. Hoping the plugin works properly in Directory Theme v9.

By the way, any idea how do you upgrade a PremiumPress Theme? I have the ZIP file downloaded but no handy upgrade buttons to be seen anywhere at the WP back end.

Cheers!

January 10, 2019 at 12:41 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

Version 9 was released in early 2018, the blog post is below;

V9.0 Framework Release Dates

Information on updates etc are within the blog post.

Since the core database and theme setup has always been based on WordPress migrating to the new versions isn’t a big issue for users with WordPress code experience.

I am working on v8 child themes that resemble the v8 versions which will allow other clients who are not familiar with WordPress code to migrate across with minimal interference.

Unfortunately I dont have a team of coders and therefore things will take longer.

I appreciate your patience and understanding as always.

January 13, 2019 at 4:38 am
  • Alfred
    Alfred
    Newbie 31 points

Under this general topic, I upgraded from my directory site from version 8.9.6 to 9.2.4 by first renaming the 8.9.6 directory in cPanel File Manager, then uploading the 9.2.4 theme into WordPress, activated it, then activated the child theme previously used with 8.9.4. Did I do this right, because my Add Listing page is blank and affiliate product banners are not showing in the right column? Also, images are not showing on the Home page slider. See http://www.FindQualityConsultant.com. And do I understand correctly that feature upgrades are not available for 9.2.4?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

January 15, 2019 at 10:28 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

You will need to check your configuration pages to ensure they are all set correctly, in this case check your ‘page and button links’ tab too.

admin -> premiumpress -> configuration.

then check the page themselves to ensure the template page is correctly assigned.

January 16, 2019 at 3:41 am

• Scott A.
    Newbie 1 points

Hi, Guys. I deleted the v8 theme to the most update. The theme is a little visually messed up but think i can get past it. But, I DO NOT see the word Configuration. I login as Admin, down to theme setup. It seems somethings are not behaving correctly. It won’t let me select / arrange the content I wish to display. Glitchy. One of the sites is 411connect.us / one on the old theme v8 would be searchitlocal.com . there is a java or something issue with the theme in the dashboard. I am not sure if I should delete the theme again and re-install it . Afraid Of loosing the content

February 13, 2019 at 1:42 am
  • Brian
    Brian
    Newbie 9 points

Our customized version 8.9.6 site has disintegrated with every WordPress , plugin and map API update. Site is no longer usable unfortunately.. A tool to convert to ver 9 framework is needed. we have not updated to wordpress 5.03 in fear of destroying more of the 8.9 interface. Help!!

February 14, 2019 at 8:58 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

If you have customised a v8 version its very unlikely your going to be able to update to v9.
    I would suggest installing a copy of v9 onto a test website and slowly migrate your customizations over to a v9 child theme. This way going forward will be alot easier.

February 16, 2019 at 2:52 am
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team