Nick

Updated theme today, site broken

Hi, I just updated my Business Directory theme to the latest version and the site won't load. I'm getting this error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function _design_topmenu() in /home/freelan1/public_html/wp-content/themes/template_dt_three/header.php on line 60 Unfortunately I also get this message when I try to log in via wp/admin. My site is https://freelancersintheuk.co.uk. I have added a maintenance plugin for the time being. Is there any way of logging in? And is there anyone here that would know how to fix the issue once I am logged in? Thanks! Nick

Created: April 5, 2018 at 9:00 am
  • In: Directory Theme
  • Started by: Nick
  • 2 members left 3 comments
  • Last reply from: LizLiz

• Liz
    Liz
    April 5, 2018 at 1:41 pm

The best thing to do is open a support ticket. log into your premium press account area and open a ticket there.

Make sure you tell them in the ticket what theme and child theme you are using exactly, and the version. and also explain what you tried to update to.

You could try mentioning it here, but support usually look at tickets and not the forum all that often. We are all customers like you here in the forum and we try to help each other when support is not around, so including a lot more details is usually a time saver when asking questions.

Hope this helps things move along for you. 🙂

• Nick
    April 5, 2018 at 4:01 pm

Thanks Liz. I was going to try Live Chat but there was a long wait, and I can’t open a ticket because I registered so long ago I can’t remember any of my details. Luckily I managed to fix the issue with some help from a web guy.

• Liz
    Liz
    April 5, 2018 at 8:19 pm

I think I have opened a ticket without the details, like receipt or order number,
    Just put your license key number as a reference, and that is in your account area.
    your email is your login and if you cant remember you password, click on
    (forgot password link) and wait for an email to come so you can reset it.

Please backup your site. (go to Add plugin) search for (updraft plus) OR
    simply download it from here, Save it, and then go to add plugin and upload and install on your site. This is the best FREE plugin to back up your site.

Never update or upgrade your premium press THEME unless you check the forum AND blog first to catch up with issues and news about updating.

Just for interest sake, there is a new version 9 being released n 25th of this month,
    APRIL 2018, however it is for starting a new site not upgrading from version 8.

Many people who have tried, say the chat feature on this forum does not work.
    keep that in mind.

The latest blog post about upgrading includes this about version 9 from the theme developer:

Mark writes:

Version 9 is currently released as a stand-alone install, you can download this via the members area of our website.

Is it not recommended to update a live Version 8 powered website with a copy of Version 9, this will break your design layout and disable your website.

A plug-in that automates the update for version 8 clients is being developed however it will be a long wait before this is released due to the large number of differences between the two versions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)