Update Responsive Shop Theme

• DANIEL
    DANIEL
    Newbie 9 points
    March 21, 2015 at 4:17 am

I am using the Responsive Shop Theme. How do I manually update to the current version of responsive shop theme? I do not see an option on my dashboard to update theme but i know that the version i am using is old (5.8)? How do I update? Thanks!

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    March 21, 2015 at 4:27 am

Hmm you’re a long way off DANIEL – The best advice is to read some of the blog post in the notice board to the right of page listed below or wait until Mark comes out with the new update for version 8+ to get a better overview.

• Christopher Lee
    Christopher Lee
    Senior Member 343 points
    March 21, 2015 at 5:16 am

The process usually involves replacing the old theme folder with the new one via ftp or directly through File Manager on your host. However, there have been sooo many changes to the core since v5 that you’ll almost certainly have difficulties ie functionality and design.

You might be better off building a replica of your existing site using the new version then migrating it over using transfer plugins etc…

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    March 21, 2015 at 8:59 am

If you’ve made no changes to the core files and your using the default design, you can safely delete the existing theme from the admin area of WordPress and re-upload the latest one in the members area.

• DANIEL
    DANIEL
    Newbie 9 points
    March 22, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Mark,

Do I also need to remove the child theme that I am using?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    March 23, 2015 at 4:35 am

its best to disable it whilst updating yes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes