Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Unique QR Code at each POST/PAGE/LISTING which represent it own permalink

• Calvyn
    Calvyn
    Newbie 39 points
    August 19, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Basically I am looking for a QR code plugin, which the QR code may appear as a widget in the listing.

The code will represent the listing permalink. Reason I would like to have this QR code because I would like to make convenience for example Visitor1 had favorite this listing, and Visitor1 would like to share this listing to Visitor2, Visitor2 can just scan the QR code from Visitor1 mobile phone/Computer and he/she can access to this listing

I am unable to find any relevant plugin, any one had any recommendation?
    I found this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/dynamic-qr-code-generator/

Unfortunately this plugin only show the QR code during I edit the listing (at wordpress back end) which does not serve my purpose

this plugin screen shoot: https://ps.w.org/dynamic-qr-code-generator/assets/screenshot-1.png

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 453 points
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,862 points
    August 20, 2015 at 2:47 am

@Adnan, thanks for sharing.

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,709 points
    August 20, 2015 at 6:54 pm

You can use this plugin, QR Code generator

• Calvyn
    Calvyn
    Newbie 39 points
    August 21, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Thanks all for sharing.

I found this free plugin, should be almost same as hemanta recommend one.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/qrcode-wprhe/

I manually put this short code [qrcode] into the listing content, it do show the QR code that I looking for. Unfortunately, when I place this short code into widget/sidebar (I add a text widget and place this short code). and the sidebar show “[qrcode]” instead of the QR code.

Reason I putting in sidebar is because I want it automatically appear in all listing without manually put this short code in every single listing.

any idea to sort it out?

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,709 points
    August 21, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Why to put it in each listing ? Put it once in listing template file.

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 453 points
    November 30, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Does Anyone know a QR code plugin where I can have my own datakeys included?

Title
    phone
    website etc..

but QR code should be in vcard format so that it can be imported/saved with one-click to the mobile phones.

(The one from petmaterial.com is not in vcard format.)

• Calvyn
    Calvyn
    Newbie 39 points
    December 1, 2016 at 2:46 am

I am also looking for such plugin.

I believe this website do shows what we need.
    http://www.moongate.ro/en/products/qr_code-vcard/

It convert all the contact into a QR code. Once we scan the QR code, it become a vcard, it can directly save the contact.

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 453 points
    December 6, 2016 at 3:40 pm

@Calvyn: there are many QR genarator websites like this with vcard support.

The problem is we need a plugin which takes the wanted datakey information from the database and converts/displays as a QR code on the listing page.

• Calvyn
    Calvyn
    Newbie 39 points
    December 7, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Yes, you are right, I am looking for this plugin too

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 453 points
    December 9, 2016 at 11:30 am

@Calvyn: Since I could’t find a plugin doing what I want, I programmed it myself.

Contact me, if you want to know the details. sizi.tanitalim@gmail.com

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Newbie 6 points
    February 3, 2019 at 4:23 pm

Hello,
    We need to create a QR code on every job listing that we create on a web site for one of our clients. In the Sabai directory theme, the QR code showed seamlessly using Dyanomic QR Code Generator WordPress free plugin including all listings, posts and pages. We want to use the PremiumPress Jobs theme and still show the QR code of every jobs listing but Dyanomic QR Code Generator WordPress or any other QR code generator plugin does not work in premiumpress jobs. Any ideas which QR code generator works in the jobs listings theme? Any alternative ideas to a QR code to show a direct link to a complete listing?
    Appreciate your input!

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,862 points
    February 5, 2019 at 2:24 am

QR codes are slowly becoming more popular, i will look into adding something into the core code shortly.

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 453 points
    February 6, 2019 at 7:58 am

Hi Mark, this is great that you keep up with the popular features. QR code is nice to have.
    On the other hand, the whole community is waiting for the update tool, so I think QR code feature can wait.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Newbie 6 points
    February 6, 2019 at 8:30 am

Hello Mark, Adnan,
    Thank you both for your response. We had a directory website ready based on PremiumPress and installed the readily available https://wordpress.org/plugins/dynamic-qr-code-generator/
    However, the code generator did not work for the listings and we had to create a new website using Sabai Directory Pro. The same QR code generator works flawlessly in Sabai. We preferred the PP site though. What is the reason that the QR code generator plugin did not work in PP (nor does any other in PP) ?
    Appreciate your comments,
    Gerard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)