Trouble going from Responsive Directory theme to Business Directory Theme

• Luke
    Luke
    September 28, 2015 at 5:29 am

I currently have the Responsive Directory theme and I want to install the Business Directory Theme. When I try the live preview option, it looks like there are some pretty big errors in the process and the it doesn’t translate well from responsive to business directory. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong/how to fix this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Josh
    September 28, 2015 at 8:29 am

Hello Luke
    The Business Directory Theme is using Version 8.3 while the Directory Theme is using Version 8.4

• Luke
    Luke
    September 28, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Hi Josh, thanks for your reply. Does that mean that the transfer is not possible?

• Josh
    September 28, 2015 at 6:30 pm

It is possible to transfer but the Directory Theme and the Business Directory Theme have different designs

• Janak
    September 28, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Luke as well as different designs you are wanting to go from a newer version 8.4 (that has changed a lot since 8.3) to an older version 8.3 so it’s not surprising you can’t just switch from one to another lime you are trying.
    You’d be better waiting until the next version of BT (probably 8.7) is out before trying to switch. Maybe update to go to DT 8.7 first.

• Jason
    September 28, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Hello,

Is BT and DT themes both responsive?

I ask this question because the forums category “Responsive Themes” has a sub category of “Directory Theme” and I thought I would find a sub category “Business Directory Theme” for BT.

So what forum category do I use to post questions for the BT theme?

Thanks.

• Janak
    September 29, 2015 at 8:11 am

Jason, BT and DT are basically the same in terms of functionality but have different default setups and different looks when you install. BT was introduced to allow less technical people to have a certain look straight out of the box.
    At present questions about BT are posted in same forum as DT.

• Jason
    September 29, 2015 at 11:02 am

Janak, Thank you for clearing that up.

• Janak
    September 29, 2015 at 11:04 am

No problem. 🙂

• Josh
    September 29, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Janak is right,best way is to wait and see what version 8.7 brings

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments