Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

This theme doesn't work

• ppt_markopo108-04-19_93962442
    Newbie 4 points
    April 15, 2019 at 9:43 am

I opened a support ticked one week ago to resolve issues with this theme and I don’t think that anyone logged in to try to resolve problems.

I can’t save and output custom fields, download link doesn’t work and filters don’t work either.

If there is anyone here willing to help please involve in those problems. It occurs both on my test server and on domain.

Nobody even wants to acknowledge those problems exist.

#UWS-961-39981

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    April 15, 2019 at 9:54 pm

@ ppt_markopo108-04-19_93962442
    I might be able to help to an extent.
    Which theme version are you using?

I can’t save and output custom fields

Do they not save at all or are they not being displayed? Where are they supposed to be displayed?
    Note: If it’s a shortcode issue from within the listing then that won’t currently work.

…download link doesn’t work

Could you elaborate on what steps were taken, and where, for the link to be determined not to work?

filters don’t work either.

More than likely same issue as with shortcode usage in listings. Which filters aren’t working?

Newbie 4 points
    April 16, 2019 at 5:33 am

Hi JamesD,

” I can’t save and output custom fields”

I can add custom fields and save them, but when I try to save values they don’t save at all. They don’t appear anywhere. As I understood they should display along with other fields like number of downloads or hits, beside gallery.

“…download link doesn’t work”

First of all only registered members can download files. I checked settings and all visitors should be able to download because it’s a free software. But visitors are sent to login page.

For registered members download starts but… I uploaded .exe file and it doesn’t download as file I uploaded but with some weird file without extension. Extension .exe as well as the name of the file is rewritten by theme. It has something to do with allowed mime types.

You can try to download as visitor here: http://45.55.51.186/ccleaner/ my test site
    And you can try to download as registered member with credentials:
    Pass: cc6w^@BodoIeO$p#cJ)XP8Ml
    User: Editor

“filters don’t work either”

Filters don’t work in category pages. You can’t sort by popularity for example and you can also try to do so on my test site: http://45.55.51.186/listing-category/system-utilities/

Thanks for trying to help.

Regards,

Marko

Newbie 4 points
    April 16, 2019 at 5:34 am

I forgot to mention that I use latest theme version

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    April 16, 2019 at 6:34 am

Hi Marko,

They don’t appear anywhere. As I understood they should display along with other fields like number of downloads or hits, beside gallery.

I’m pretty sure only standard WP shortcodes will work on the listing page, but not on Elementor template listing pages. I’m guessing Mark may fix it down the road. I’ve been debating on possibly working on a solution for this.

…download link doesn’t work

I’ve ran across this too and have already created a temp solution.
    Note: It’s a core file

First of all only registered members can download files. I checked settings and all visitors should be able to download because it’s a free software. But visitors are sent to login page.

For registered members download starts but… I uploaded .exe file and it doesn’t download as file I uploaded but with some weird file without extension. Extension .exe as well as the name of the file is rewritten by theme. It has something to do with allowed mime types

Filters don’t work in category pages.

I’ll have to take a look. I usually just fix things as I run across them.

All of the solutions I’ve mentioned are included in the attached file.
    Extract the file then take a look at the three (3) included files. Make a backup of the original core files before uploading.
    Note: I’ve made notations within each file, so just do a search for JamesD and you’ll find them.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    April 16, 2019 at 7:01 am

@Marko
    I should also state that the directory structure and files are for the default theme. If you have a child theme then you would want to put the /SO9/_software/template/single-listing.php file directly into your child theme directory.

If it helps… whenever I use a child theme I typically override a couple files to make it use my child theme directory files.

I’ll only copy the core files/templates I need into my child theme directory and make changes on those. This way, when there is an update and the site breaks, I stop the overrides to revert back to default theme until I can fix it. Then I only update what’s needed within my customization before overriding the files again.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    April 22, 2019 at 1:51 am

@Marko
    There appears to be a bug with the filtering . You can contact PP support if you haven’t already. They may already be aware and have a solution. I’ve actually ran across other bugs like the inability to save a profile image.

Newbie 4 points
    May 4, 2019 at 9:16 am

Hi James,

Thank you so much for trying to help. I used one of your files and it works as it should now.

The only problem left is duplicate meta data when I use Yoast SEO plugin. Meta URL, TYPE, TITLE and DESCRIPTION are duplicate. Have you encountered this problem?

Regards,

Marko

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    May 4, 2019 at 9:30 pm

@Marko

The only problem left is duplicate meta data when I use Yoast SEO plugin. Meta URL, TYPE, TITLE and DESCRIPTION are duplicate. Have you encountered this problem?

No, I haven’t. Have you made any other type of custom changes?

Newbie 4 points
    May 7, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Hi,

I haven’t made any changes but CSS files. Also, shortcodes in post/product description don’t work either on version 9.2.7 while they work just fine in 9.2.6.

Regards

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    May 7, 2019 at 7:42 pm

@Marko
    This may help:

How Do I Fix Duplicate Meta Tags?

Also, shortcodes in post/product description don’t work either on version 9.2.7 while they work just fine in 9.2.6.

Unfortunately, you are correct. I believe the basic WP shortcodes still work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)