Theme Update

• Laura
    Laura
    Newbie 40 points
    August 9, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Hi there. I am considering updating my theme to version 8.94. Has anyone had any issues or problems I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

Laura
    http://www.granalacantproperties.com

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 9, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Hello Laura,
    Version 8.9.4 was meant to fix some minor issues reported in version 8.9.3 so its safe to update just make sure you backup first please.

Steps to update:
    1. Please create a backup for your site database and files first before doing any updates (themes or wordpress)
    2. Please login to: https://www.premiumpress.com/account/ then download the latest version.
    3. Login to your FTP or file manager on your cpanel hosting and go to the wp-content/themes folder and rename the old main theme folder.
    4. Please login to your wordpress dashboard > Appearance > And upload the new theme and Activate
    5. Done.

• Jayawardena
    Newbie 3 points
    August 24, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Hello
    I am unfamiliar with how to update my theme version. I do not know how to go to the wp-content/themes folder and rename the old main theme folder.
    Can any one help me I can provide my c ppannel loginss and wordpress login

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 24, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Hello Jayawardena,
    You can access the file either via ftp or cpanel >File Manager If you can’t locate the file please contact your host

• Jayawardena
    Newbie 3 points
    August 24, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Thanks Josh.

Problem I do not know what and where is the content/themes folder and how to do the rename. What is the name I should write.

I know These questions are silly. But I am very new and do not know most of things.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 24, 2016 at 5:33 pm

The file is located in your wordpress installation which is in your server.Login to your host or cpanel locate ‘File Manager’ File Manager contains your site files/wordpress installation.Locate the file wp-content open it,locate the file themes,open it.If using the Real Estate Theme then the theme file is named RT,if using Directory Theme then the file is DT.Rename it to something like DT_old,the name you use doesn’t matter as long as you rename the file.
    If still can’t locate the file please contact your host for assistance

• Jayawardena
    Newbie 3 points
    August 24, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Hi Josh

Thank you very much. I have done the job first time in my life. That is because of your clear instruction. It was a great help. thank you again and again

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 24, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Thanks for updating Jayawardena.Have a great day 🙂

• Sean
    Sean
    Senior Member 199 points
    September 6, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Super

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes