Terms & Conditions

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Terms & Conditions

July 5, 2013
Mark Fail Mark Fail
  • Sagar
    Sagar
    Newbie 3 points

The last few lines of the pluging code, include the checkbox on the login page, and includes twice on the register page – that I could fix myself.

I just commented out the last two of these lines –
    add_action('register_form','wlt_register_tos');
    #add_action('login_form','wlt_register_tos');
    #add_action('register_form','wlt_register_tos');

What I can’t fix is that even if a user is logged in, the checkbox is still shown when adding a new listing. How can I stop it from showing there, since I presume the user has already once agreed to the terms when signing up.

August 14, 2013 at 5:48 pm
  • Brand
    Brand
    Newbie 9 points

… perfect!!! that’s what i’m looking for.

regards
    olli

August 20, 2013 at 4:11 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

:)

August 26, 2013 at 7:40 am
  • Radek
    Radek
    Newbie 36 points

Hi Mark,

It seems like I have “accepting the website terms & conditions” on registration and add listings page too. Is there possibility to have it only on registration? I require registration before adding a listings

Thanks,
    Radek

August 28, 2013 at 8:28 pm
  • Katalin
    Katalin
    Senior Member 119 points

Thanks Sagar!

I have just deleted this line: #add_action(‘login_form’,’wlt_register_tos’);

When a user submits a new listing, for me it is nrmal the he must agree with the TC even if he has already submitted another listing and we suppose he knows the TC.

November 16, 2013 at 8:40 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points
  • Katalin
    Katalin
    Senior Member 119 points

Sorry Mark!

Since before my post, the last post (of Radek) dated from 28 August I was not sure this thread is still alive…

The issue I have raised, if confirmed, is really a very serious problem for all sites which are already running auctions…

Hope this clarifies why I have “spammed” :-)

Kind regards,
    Attila

November 16, 2013 at 2:46 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

:(

November 16, 2013 at 5:13 pm
  • Karl
    Karl
    Newbie 2 points

Hi,

I would like to use this plugin only on “register page”. How can I do that?

Thanks,
    Karl

November 21, 2013 at 1:30 pm
  • Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
  • Lanie
    Lanie
    Newbie 19 points

Hi, I want to see terms and condition in registration and ad listing only and not every login. Is that possible?

February 27, 2014 at 8:39 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

you would have to customize the plugin todo this, its not standard.

February 27, 2014 at 10:16 am

• Brittany
    Newbie 2 points

Hi Mark,
    I just installed terms and conditions plugin to my website. I was wondering how I actually add my terms and conditions so when people click to read terms they can read my terms. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you, Brittany

March 19, 2014 at 4:56 pm
  • Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points

You need to create a page; call it ‘terms’ or ‘terms and conditions’; you actually have to put some terms and conditions that make sense to keep you legally safe (check other sites to see what they put in – it is a lot of legal language). It will be clickable when they register and
    You can also use a text widget (additionally b/s google likes it (in footer most often) – call this widget: Legal (or else) use html ..your terms here.. to link that page where you typed your text; save.
    That’s it.
    Hope this helps.

March 19, 2014 at 6:21 pm

• Brittany
    Newbie 2 points

Im sorry I am new to this wordpress. I am unsure how to do the things you explained. i tried to create a page but unsure what to do after I create page. and won’t the page show up on my home page?
    If you could give me step by step directions that would be wonderful. I already have a set of terms and conditions in place.But need it to show up when users create a new listing and so on. please help!
    Thanks Brittany

March 20, 2014 at 2:22 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team