Take a Positive Step!

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    August 10, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

How is your weekend coming along? Hope you’re enjoying it while having a great time designing you site 🙂

Well after the release of RDT 4.0 to 4.2 I realize to keep up with all the new updates I would have to convert over to a “child theme” that many members of the forum was discussing. I was hesitant to do so due in part because of doubt (scary word) and being a newbie.

I spent some time on the forum these past couple of days and place the word Child Theme in the search box at the top of the page to read most of post on this subject, because most of the Q&A we seek is already posted by many of the member in this wonderful community. By taking such action it gave me a boost in confidence to “Take a Positive Step” over to the child theme department to test the various themes and I eventually choose iGreat has a starter to test on the site (was looking for Go Natty) 🙂 and I must say, so far the process was very simple and easy.

My next step is to improve on what I have learn so far and face the other two daunting challenges (designer-block in email set-up and coding) that being facing me since I started with PP. Sorry for this long post but I felt joyful in what I’m doing and to see the outcome I had was to express it to fellow members of the forum. (Will post site link when progress further).

From this personal experience, my advice is this, when moving forward we need to get rid of that “scary word” (Doubt) and Take a Positive Step. The answer is always there, just make a search in the box at the top of the page or ask and you’ll find the answer.

Thanks everyone for your time in reading this post, and may you have a great and relaxing weekend!

Kind Regards,

Errol

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 10, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Thank you for sharing!
    I am glad that you took the first step towards the child themes. 🙂

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    August 10, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Thanks Richard,

Read many of your post reply – that was helpful too 🙂

• Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points
    August 12, 2013 at 4:14 am

🙂

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 12, 2013 at 9:45 am

thanks for your words of wisdom Errol, looking forward to seeing what your child theme looks like 🙂

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    August 12, 2013 at 5:32 pm

🙂 Thanks all will do!

Working on getting over another one of those bumps in the road 🙂

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 13, 2013 at 6:14 am

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes