System emails not working

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes AuctionPress System emails not working

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

System emails not working

May 9, 2015
E E
  • E
    E
    Newbie 7 points

System emails are not working

1. Site emails sent by one member are not being received by the other.
    2. System emails are not being received externally

Only the site admin contact form works.
    Has anyone seen this before and can suggest a solution ?

May 9, 2015 at 4:49 pm
  • zarko
    zarko
    Senior Member 360 points

1. Do you mean private messages notification email? In Email setup check New Messages template and make sure you have one assigned here. If you are talking about Contact button on listing pages, make sure that Listing Contact Form template is assigned. Also check spam folder in email client

2. Which of the system emails you mean?

May 9, 2015 at 8:21 pm
  • E
    E
    Newbie 7 points

None of the system emails are working. All of them have templates set up

May 9, 2015 at 10:00 pm
  • Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points

It’s a security feature 😉

May 9, 2015 at 10:24 pm
  • E
    E
    Newbie 7 points

How do you mean and how can I get my emails working again ?

May 9, 2015 at 11:46 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

Hello E
    I think you should open a ticket if still have the problem but first try to deactivate all your plugins

May 10, 2015 at 6:40 am
  • John
    John
    Newbie 60 points

Plugin or not plugin mine aren’t working either and I am sure my plugins are different then Newbie’s plugins. Mine is a new installation as I just purchased it last night. Contact email from front end listing contact not working (saying mail sent, but in reality never receive any email from it) I am writing emails and I am not getting them when I assign them to a task in the email setup.
    It’s got to be a template bug or something, because in my gmail inbox I am getting tons of emails from all around the world.
    I guess many people that are buying these themes aren’t programmers and don’t have a clue what is coding (I am one of them) it’s really up to the developer to make it as easy as possible since they are sold for money. Very few coder would buy them because they can make their own.
    I’ve noticed the videos are also hush hush, not extremely informative and the viewer have to figure out a lot of things even after watching them. Again, most buyers have no clue about coding or configuring, shortcodes, arrays, html s, css, java, etc

I am sure this Email not sending is very common problem, so why not make a sticky or a video of a complete configuration instructions and possible errors or something to solve it easier.

May 10, 2015 at 8:57 am
  • Mark
    Mark
    Titan 737 points

Do you get any system emails at all? Like the WordPress admin emails – e.g. when new user registers on the site etc.

There are common issues with hosts not running phpmail function properly – incorrectly set permissions on the server – which is related to hosting/WordPress and not the theme.

In order to be able to determine the possible cause, it is necessary to know more information.

Mark

May 10, 2015 at 10:55 am
  • John
    John
    Newbie 60 points

I just signed up as a new user
    I get an email to my admin email address letting me know a new user registered including the registration name and email address.

I’ve got the welcome email to my user email address I’ve set up under email settings -welcome,
    also got the registration email including my user name and password (I also have it set up under email settings -registration

What I am not getting is the emails sent under listing – contact author
    I’ve probably sent about 20 over the past 3 hours and none got through as of yet. So, what’s wrong with the classified theme?? Is it setting s or code?

May 10, 2015 at 12:19 pm
  • John
    John
    Newbie 60 points

Ohh forgot. I deactivated all of the plugins and no email coming through either.

May 10, 2015 at 12:22 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Titan 737 points
    What I am not getting is the emails sent under listing – contact author
    I’ve probably sent about 20 over the past 3 hours and none got through as of yet. So, what’s wrong with the classified theme??

There are no emails sent directly to the author. All the messages are stored in the ‘Messages’ section under ‘My Account’.

If you want the ability for the messages to be sent directly to the authors (and many more features) you might consider using the Contactform Shortcode plugin from Richard Bonk –
    http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/premiumpress-plugins/contactform-shortcode-responsive-pp-themes/

Mark

May 10, 2015 at 12:44 pm
  • John
    John
    Newbie 60 points

Ok. So if I am selling something, how anyone would get in contact with me through the contact author button. What purpose does it serve then? Would people have to sign in in order to see if anyone have contacted them?

May 10, 2015 at 1:10 pm
  • E
    E
    Newbie 7 points

Ok I’ve had to rewrite and reset all of my templates and most of them are working now, however the email seller in the “Seller Details” box on the listing page is still not working.

Any ideas anyone ??

May 10, 2015 at 6:27 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Titan 737 points
    Would people have to sign in in order to see if anyone have contacted them?

Yes, that is correct (even though they should at least receive a notification that they received a new message).

That is the main reason why I don’t use the built in messaging system (and use the plugin mentioned earlier instead).

Mark

May 10, 2015 at 8:15 pm
  • John
    John
    Newbie 60 points

It’s a shame he writes a good classified theme and screws it up on such small thing as Contact Author feature where the author not getting the email only if they sign into the account.
    At least the form should send out a notification to the author’s real email address notifying them of an email waiting for them in their account. Wouldn’t be that simple and logical??
    Or make it an option at the sign up process to have them mark a check box to receive emails directly or through the system dashboard?? Or have also the Admin the ability to allow direct email contact or through dashboard. How hard would that be to implement?? Shame shame shame.
    All I can say it’s a shame not to implement it.

May 21, 2015 at 12:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team