Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Styling a Listings page for DirectoryPress

• Mario
    Mario
    Senior Member 96 points
    July 24, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I want to thank everybody here, you guys are great in responding and I appreciate all the help as I learn more and more and will be able to help contribute as I learn about all this.

Question I have this time is I think concerning CSS for both issues I am encountering but I might be mistaken.

1. I have a green button I created using the New Button widget. You can see it at this page.
    http://community.journeyofpossibilities.com
    As you can tell you can see the “Submit Your Business” is a very big button on the upper right hand column. It is green. Still when you go to a listing
    http://community.journeyofpossibilities.com/category/coaches-and-counselors/
    The button becomes red.

2. Also I see the Featured listing is highlighted in Red – The one for Tonya Dawn Recla. I want to change the color of that highlight. Is there a doc or someone know where I change that color? Can I change that through the menu or do I need to modify the css?

Thank in advance!

• Mario
    Mario
    Senior Member 96 points
    July 24, 2013 at 9:09 pm

For question two above I mistyped… I did try changing the information through the Menu system and changed the color on the background but still does not do anything on that listing

• Alexandra
    Newbie 65 points
    July 25, 2013 at 3:38 am

if you want it to be green still you need to take out the CSS code from line 91 in your child themes style.css file

remove this as this has made it red.
    #PPTGalleryPage .green.button { background:#e61e2c; border:0px; }

you can set the color you want in the widget itself.

line 89 you have made the it
    #PPTGalleryPage .featuredlisting:hover { background:#fff5f6 !important; }
    light red.

and it seems you have changed the colors to green in the backend styling options

• Alexandra
    Newbie 65 points
    July 25, 2013 at 3:40 am

i’d like to know how you made the ad appear on the listing page for that company
    in the We Recommend box on the left with adrotate

• Alexandra
    Newbie 65 points
    July 25, 2013 at 3:41 am

never mind … its random ad :)

• Mario
    Mario
    Senior Member 96 points
    July 26, 2013 at 6:26 pm

THanks Alexandra I am going to give that a try. Yes I am using adrotate and it seems to work very well with Directory Press. If you have any questions feel free to let me know. IT’s a great tool for Banner ad and placements.

• Vimal
    Vimal
    Newbie 21 points
    August 16, 2013 at 9:23 am

@Mario
    I am having the same color problem with the green button. And the problem is with only the green color, beside all color are working fine.

@Alexandra
    “remove this as this has made it red.
    #PPTGalleryPage .green.button { background:#e61e2c; border:0px; }”

how to enter the child themes style.css at line 91,through the admin area?
    Have you had the same problem?

• Joanne
    Joanne
    Newbie 21 points
    August 17, 2013 at 1:33 am

Hi Mario, Love the site, would you be able to share how you achieved the forum and also the signup to your newsletter. I would like to do the same on my site.

Thanks Jo

• Mario
    Mario
    Senior Member 96 points
    August 20, 2013 at 3:57 am

Hi Joanne, Are you talking about the Free E-book offer? That’s a Mailchimp plugin.

The forums, I just installed bbpress and I created a menu link to it. Is that what you are asking?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)