STRAIGHTFORWARD BIDDING – SOME ENHANCEMENT…

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes AuctionPress STRAIGHTFORWARD BIDDING – SOME ENHANCEMENT…

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

STRAIGHTFORWARD BIDDING – SOME ENHANCEMENT…

July 18, 2013
Katalin Katalin
  • Katalin
    Katalin
    Senior Member 119 points

Dear All,

I was trying to figure out the logic behind “how much to bid and what will be shown” in AuctionPress on the listing page.

After 2 days I started to guess how it works but fom my point of view the system is not “user friendly”.

What do I mean exactly?

Under Display Settings — Search/Listing page, I have set Bid Incremental Value to 0 and published a test auction: http://euctions.eu/renault-fluence-2/

Suppose there are two guys (B and C) bidding for the car.

B has made a bid of EUR 1,200, then C EUR 1,210.

In the default theme, Min. Bid would be shown as EUR 1,201, meaning B should bid more than that for a valid bid. If B bids 1,202, then during the 3-step bid confirmation process he would know that he is outbid – but would not know by exactly how much… So he could bid again, let’s say EUR 1,205 and … again he is informed that he is outbid…

So if he wants to have the car, he should keep on bidding until he gest the message he is the highest bidder.

And then the whole thing starts over for C: from the amounts shown, he will not know by how much he got outbid, so he also goes through this kind of “blind bidding”…

I simply did not like this situation… :-) (Or maybe I have overlooked something?!… :-) Anyway I thought that my customers would not guess at once the logic behind the amounts shown on the listing page.

I asked Aman (http://amansaini.me) to create a child theme which simply does the following:
    – if one clicks on the number of bids (currently “6 bids”), one can see the “bidding history” and the actual highest bid amount, so one immediately knows how much he should bid to take a lead in bidding,
    – always the actual highest amount is shown now just above “6 bids”, and … voilà! :-)

For me this child theme made bidding straightforward! :-)

If you like it, please contact directly Aman through his website. (He also enhanced Coupon Code (Submission — Coupons) so that one can set how many times and/or for how long a Coupon Code may be used, which gives a complete control over the usage of Coupon Codes.)

I thought to share all this info with you thinking others may find these new features useful too.

Kind regards,
    Attila

July 18, 2013 at 3:33 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

Katalin thanks for your feedback, ill work on AP and make it easier for the enxt update.

July 23, 2013 at 3:42 am
  • mark
    mark
    Newbie 43 points

Hi Mark

Any idea when you will be improving AP to solve this problem?

Kind regards
    Mark

July 26, 2013 at 7:22 pm
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team