Start by adding a section or load a prebuilt layout not working

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Classifieds Theme Start by adding a section or load a prebuilt layout not working

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Start by adding a section or load a prebuilt layout not working

April 14, 2019
tony tony
  • tony
    tony
    Newbie 50 points

When i add a new page and click on PremiumPress Page Builder link, i see 2 options – Add Section and PreBuilt Layouts. When i click on PreBuilt Layout a spinning circle comes up and never stops spinning. If i click on Add Section, NOTHING happens. I tried this in Chrome, Firefox and IE and same thing happens.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 14, 2019 at 3:16 am
  • tony
    tony
    Newbie 50 points

second image. wouldn’t let me add this second image when i posted.

Attachments:
    April 14, 2019 at 3:17 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

Hello tony,
    Hmmm… I can see you’re using a v8 theme

If the server is running PP theme version 8.9.6 AND PHP v7+ then it will break things.

Theme version 8.9.7 should have addressed various PHP 7 issues. If you do have this version and still have problems then more than likely new conflicts will need to be addressed.

If it’s what I’m thinking then, in simpler terms, PHP 7+ is out growing the theme v8+ code. The good news is that most of those errors like that are usually pretty minor and can be fixed quickly.

I’d recommend taking a look at your error log to see what’s breaking it.

April 14, 2019 at 7:17 am
  • tony
    tony
    Newbie 50 points

i’m confused as to which theme i’m using as i’m using a child theme. i just installed the main theme version 9.2.6 but how does that tie into my child theme? do i have to create a new child theme using that main version? Here are a few of the errors:

[14-Apr-2019 18:47:33 America/Boise] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1’ at line 1 for query SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1 made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/CT/page.php’), get_footer, locate_template, load_template, require_once(‘/themes/CT/footer.php’), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require(‘/themes/CT/sidebar-right.php’), hook_core_columns_right_top, do_action(‘hook_core_columns_right_top’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, core_layout->hook_map_display, white_label_themes->BANNER
    [14-Apr-2019 18:47:33 America/Boise] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1’ at line 1 for query SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1 made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/CT/page.php’), get_footer, locate_template, load_template, require_once(‘/themes/CT/footer.php’), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require(‘/themes/CT/sidebar-right.php’), hook_core_columns_right_bottom, do_action(‘hook_core_columns_right_bottom’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, core_layout->hook_sidebar_bottom, white_label_themes->BANNER
    [14-Apr-2019 18:47:39 America/Boise] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1’ at line 1 for query SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1 made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/CT/single.php’), get_footer, locate_template, load_template, require_once(‘/themes/CT/footer.php’), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require(‘/themes/CT/sidebar-right.php’), hook_core_columns_right_top, do_action(‘hook_core_columns_right_top’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, core_layout->hook_map_display, white_label_themes->BANNER
    [14-Apr-2019 18:47:39 America/Boise] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1’ at line 1 for query SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1 made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/CT/single.php’), get_footer, locate_template, load_template, require_once(‘/themes/CT/footer.php’), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require(‘/themes/CT/sidebar-right.php’), hook_core_columns_right_bottom, do_action(‘hook_core_columns_right_bottom’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, core_layout->hook_sidebar_bottom, white_label_themes->BANNER

April 15, 2019 at 1:29 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

Hello tony,
    The theme being displayed in your first image is the v8 dashboard of CT, not the v9 (CT9).
    You would need to select the v9 theme under Appearance > Themes. You’ll see a yellow ribbon in one of the top corners with Version 9.0.

but how does that tie into my child theme?

Sorry, I’m not following.

Note: The error message basically says the server MySQL needs to be updated in order to run that specific command.

April 15, 2019 at 1:49 am
  • tony
    tony
    Newbie 50 points

James, the ‘current’ theme i’m using is called the “Classifieds Cars – PremiumPress Child Theme” version 1.2 by Mark Fail. It is a child theme. I have the latest version of the Main theme installed but since it’s not ‘activated’ – how is it tied to the CHILD theme? see attached.

April 15, 2019 at 2:26 am
  • tony
    tony
    Newbie 50 points

let’s try again with the image.. and how do i update MySQL?

Attachments:
    April 15, 2019 at 2:30 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

@tony

let’s try again with the image..

The v8 theme is the one currently active. The version 9 is the theme to the far top right. When you hover over the thumbnail you’ll see the Activate button.
    Note: The v8 templates and designs will not automatically work with v9. It’s a different framework.
    I’d also recommend making a backup of your database before activating v9.

and how do i update MySQL?

Your web host provider would be the one to help you out with server software.

April 15, 2019 at 2:39 am
  • tony
    tony
    Newbie 50 points

this may be a dumb question but i’m not an expert on child themes so here goes: if i activate the v9 theme, doesn’t that make the child theme inactive and i lose all of the customizations done on the child theme?

April 15, 2019 at 4:53 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

@tony

this may be a dumb question but i’m not an expert on child themes so here goes: if i activate the v9 theme, doesn’t that make the child theme inactive and i lose all of the customizations done on the child theme?

First, I don’t believe any question is dumb, so you’re fine. You’ll never know unless you ask, right? 😉
    Second, yes, you are correct.

Quick basics…
    All themes installed, and that are available for use, can be found here Appearance > Themes page. Out of all of those themes on the page the only one that has an effect/impact on the site is the one active/activated.

Version 8 Child Themes were typically installed in a sub-directory within the main theme directory. To activate a Child Theme you would to go to the Theme Setup > Page Setup > Current Design setting and select it from a dropdown (see image).
    04.15.2019-00.06.22

With version 9 the Child Themes are installed as a regular theme and listed on the Appearance > Themes page.

Both, version 8 and 9 child themes, serve the same “general” purpose, but they are still different in many respects and not immediately compatible (manual changes would be required).

I know, the terminology can be confusing and frustrating.

Please let me know it doesn’t make sense or if I should elaborate more on anything.
    Hope it answers your question.

April 15, 2019 at 6:23 am
  • tony
    tony
    Newbie 50 points

Thank you, that makes sense. So if I upgrade to the version 9 of the software I basically have to start over with my design, is that correct? Also I found out I’m using the latest version of MySQL and I still can’t get the premiumpress page builder to work. I also tried moving back to php7.1 but it still didn’t work.

April 15, 2019 at 8:50 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

@tony

So if I upgrade to the version 9 of the software I basically have to start over with my design, is that correct?

Yes, you are correct.

Also I found out I’m using the latest version of MySQL and I still can’t get the premiumpress page builder to work. I also tried moving back to php7.1 but it still didn’t work.

Hard to say then without going over everything. I haven’t seen anything within the theme code that would cause this. Was anything removed from the errors above before posting?

I’m curious, does the problem still exist if Banners/Advertisement is turned off or if all non-PP plugins are turned off?

April 15, 2019 at 8:24 pm
  • tony
    tony
    Newbie 50 points

if i upgrade, i’m assuming i don’t lose any of our listings? and do the URL’s stay consistent with the new version or will i have to do a mapping of old URL’s to new URL’s?

April 15, 2019 at 9:58 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

if i upgrade, i’m assuming i don’t lose any of our listings?

You shouldn’t lose any listing.

and do the URL’s stay consistent with the new version or will i have to do a mapping of old URL’s to new URL’s?

They should, you may need to go to Settings > Permalinnks and reset them.

I’d recommend making a backup of your database and wordpress directory before doing it (to be safe).
    If you would like I can try to get a better insight without your sites current DB data if you’re able to zip up all of the WP and theme files being used on the site (minus the wp-config.php file, but all the others).

April 15, 2019 at 10:29 pm
  • tony
    tony
    Newbie 50 points

where would i send those files??

April 15, 2019 at 10:30 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team