Specify image dimensions

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes AuctionPress Specify image dimensions

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Specify image dimensions

December 23, 2013
Rod Rod
  • Rod
    Rod
    Newbie 6 points

Hello, I’m trying to optimize my site to make it faster. One of the problems my website has is according to gtmetrix is that I need to specify image dimensions. I’m guessing that I’d have to go in and edit some type of code some where. Does anyone know where I can start? Thanks.

December 23, 2013 at 7:26 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

What theme version are you using?

Specifying the image dimensions will not make much difference. There are other more important optimizations to do in order to speed up your site.

Kind regards,

Richard
    PremiumPress customisation services and Website Design
    Selection of PremiumPress Child Themes

December 23, 2013 at 10:38 am
  • Rod
    Rod
    Newbie 6 points

I’m using version 7.1.4. I’ve done most other major optimizations. However, I have a 0 (grade F) on Specify scaled images under gtmetrix Google page speed. Everything else is B or higher on site grade sheet but I’m still at a paltry 65% overall. I want to know how to do this so I can take my score higher. Do you have any idea how to go about this?

December 23, 2013 at 8:16 pm
  • Rosa
    Rosa
    Newbie 2 points

Rod,

Did you manage to specify image dimensions?
    I have the same issue. Gtmetrix gives 0 (grade F) on this topic and everything else has already been optimized.
    I am using Responsive Theme version 6.2.

Thank you!

March 28, 2014 at 12:48 pm
  • Laurie
    Laurie
    Newbie 25 points

Any resolutions on this? I know this thread is old, but I too am trying to optimize the site and am receiving a Gtmetrix failing score on this.

Thanks!

September 12, 2015 at 6:18 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Titan 737 points

You are putting too much trust into the GT Metrix test, but if you read the explanation for the image dimension test, you would realise that it is simply flawed:

Page Speed currently only detects image dimensions that are specified via the image attributes. If you are specifying the dimensions via CSS, then you can safely ignore this recommendation.

As the theme specifies the image dimensions via CSS, the test simply does not detect it and reports it as problem (while in fact there is no such problem).

So just stop blindly trying to get everything in that test to 100 and instead focus on providing a good, quality content.

Mark

September 12, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team