Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

SO9 shortcode in product

• Nicola
    Newbie 4 points
    April 6, 2019 at 11:47 pm

Hello,
    I have installed a plugin for timed content which show/hide content inside a post using a shortcode.
    The problem is Product ‘post’ the shortcode shows its raw text while in a Blog ‘post’ the shortcode is working as expected.
    Where is the problem?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    April 7, 2019 at 9:17 pm

Hello Nicola,
    It won’t work if it’s called directly from within an elementor widget unless the widget is the shortcode widget. The only other way around it, that I’m currently aware of, is with some custom programming. I’d recommend finding a developer to assist if you’re not familiar with PHP.

To help clarify… any elementor widget to process and display data is responsible for the process, unlike an actual template file that can process the “cleaner” data without elementor. I’ve ran across this earlier this year, so I can confirm it can be done.

• Nicola
    Newbie 4 points
    April 7, 2019 at 9:44 pm

I wish before buying you had pointed out about elementor, even newbie code editing starts to begin a nightmare.
    Also another question, in the listing page at the bottom there is the related section which shows unrelated products, how to tell it to put related by category products?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    April 7, 2019 at 11:10 pm

@Nicola

I wish before buying you had pointed out about elementor, even newbie code editing starts to begin a nightmare.

I’d recommend contacting PremiumPress support with any grievance.

Also another question, in the listing page at the bottom there is the related section which shows unrelated products, how to tell it to put related by category products?

Doesn’t look like it’s possible. Maybe their intention is to eventually add something similar.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)