Slow photo uploads classified theme

• John
    John
    August 8, 2015 at 8:18 pm

I have the classified theme. UK Virgin media 100MB broadband speed. User photo uploads are pretty slow. Is there a solution for that? I know if I would limit the photo size it would be a bit faster, but ……. but.
    Many places don’t have the kind of speed we have here and those folks would not wait for something to happen as there is no progress bar or anything that indicates the site is doing anything. Several would be advertisers sent me email saying the ad did not go through yet when I try it even through TOR my fake ads go through. I guess it times out or something for them, or because they don’t see anything happening they just think it’s not working and press the cancel button? A progress bar or a small circle or something visual would be nice to let them know something is going on. Basic basic basic. Ain’t it?? Any ideas super gurus or developers? ?? Thanx a lot

• Clive
    Clive
    August 9, 2015 at 2:05 am

Nothing to do with Virgin media. It’s your webhosting which sucks.

Are you using some pikey hosting company like GoDaddy, Hostgator or 1 & 1? If so, you’ll need to ditch them and get a decent hosting provider.

Then, your problems will be solved.

Simples 🙂

• Josh
    August 9, 2015 at 6:53 am
  • John
    John
    August 9, 2015 at 8:07 am

My provider is One.com and this is what it has

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments