Sidebar in Search Results / Listings archives

• Jordan
    Jordan
    Newbie 45 points
    March 18, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Hey team,

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon.

I am in search of the section that defines the code for the sidebar in the search results.

Basically, I am trying to move the sidebar down, so it is in the main container UNDER the title and subcategories. Currently it takes width from the whole page, I would like to move it down so the title and subcategories remain 100%, and the sidebar shares the width with the body container.

So, looking to find the code for the sidebar in the search results/lisitngs archive, but having a hard time.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks again for reading guys.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    March 19, 2015 at 6:28 am

Hello Jordan
    Try this in Design Setup >Custom Meta Data >Footer Styles
    [code title=”code”]
    <script>
    jQuery (“.category_object_block”).addClass (‘col-md-8 col-sm-8’)
    </script>
    [/code]

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    March 19, 2015 at 6:44 am

Actually you dont even need the code.If using the Category object just set it to inline

• Jordan
    Jordan
    Newbie 45 points
    March 20, 2015 at 3:54 am

Hey Josh, is this in reference to the sidebar on the listings archive / search results page?

• Jordan
    Jordan
    Newbie 45 points
    March 20, 2015 at 3:56 am

HEy!!! Does that first code allow me to add a class on top of another class? I think that actually does what i want it to. I need the sidebar not to go beside all of the content, but under the subcategories and under the titles beside the main content if you know what i mean.

• Jordan
    Jordan
    Newbie 45 points
    March 20, 2015 at 4:03 am

Here’s a pic of what i mean compared to https://enjoybitcoins.com/listing-category/bitcoin-exchanges/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes