Seller's personal information

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Auction Theme Seller's personal information

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Seller's personal information

October 25, 2018
 Roy

• Roy
    Senior Member 124 points

When the seller enters their paypal email in their My Details section of My Account they are required to enter their first name, last name and mobile phone number. Then their information; Name and email address is displayed when someone has the winning bid. They will get spammed. Why does that have to be displayed. Can’t we just display the username and a message form?

How can I change this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 25, 2018 at 5:35 am
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,110 points

hi,

that’s how its being coded in version 9.

if you have any suggestions for feature improvements you can post them here https://www.premiumpress.com/ideas/

thanks

October 25, 2018 at 1:50 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

If a user is selling an item on your website and someone has commit to make a payment to them, its only right they should know who they are sending payment too and/or receive an item from.

You should cover this in your website privacy policy but its important to be open and honest with your website users.

October 25, 2018 at 3:06 pm

• Roy
    Senior Member 124 points

Yes I understand that the buyer should communicate with the seller but giving their direct email enables them to communicate outside of the website. Version 8 had the Contact Seller button which enabled the buyer to message the seller within the website. Is there some way I can implement that?

I see that there is a contact form when you click the seller’s View Profile button from the Single Listing Page. I was wondering how to put that button in the page that appears when the auction is won. Instead of the seller’s real name and email.

Can you tell me which file that is; I guess it’s auction ended or auction won?

October 25, 2018 at 3:22 pm

• Roy
    Senior Member 124 points

Actually the auction which ended with a top bidder is still visible and the seller’s name and email is displayed so ANYONE that visits the website can potentially get their email address. I do not see a setting to hide expired or ended auctions.

Leather Jacket

October 26, 2018 at 3:40 am

• Roy
    Senior Member 124 points

So I checked that listing in the auction manager and it says Expires: Never. I’m not sure how it could not get an expiration. I manually set the expiration to yesterday’s date but instead of ending the listing it reset for another 30 days! WTF?

Then in auction manager I clicked ‘Set 30 secs for testing’, and updated but the countdown is still running @ 29 days… the end date is set for 2018-10-26 03:46:43 but it’s still running.

October 26, 2018 at 4:00 am

• Roy
    Senior Member 124 points

I had to BUY NOW to make the auction end but it is still a visible listing.

October 26, 2018 at 4:08 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

Roy if your having issues please use the ticket desk, its hard to assist when here.

October 27, 2018 at 9:38 am
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team