an
groups-icon

Responsive Shop Theme 8

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Magreth de Graaf
    0 points
    Beginner

I have no idea what has happened to the Shop theme… it is not at all the same as when I got started with my first Shopping Cart…

I have installed the theme only to find that there are a lot of the standard functions that would distinguish this as a shopping cart compared with any of the other themes in the Premium Press Range ‘missing’.

I don’t know what to do as I think that most of us would need of some of these standard functions and feature such as the Details of products… in version 8 there is no SKU, no Color or Size Choice, it seems that the theme has been put together in a hurry, in an effort to add new themes to the product range at the expense of this theme.

Most of the functions on the Page Setup – in particular the home page layout area, are not working as they should, when I add a module to the home page area, it won’t open up… another module that I didn’t click on opens up and if I want to revise the module that I have saved and closed, it won’t open and then to get it set up, I have to go in and delete the module and add it again… and add all the content again (save and close) and to be honest, it is rather time consuming, not to mention annoying!

If I go to ‘Setup Listing Packages & Fields’; I get an error message saying “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

This is a Shopping Cart… I don’t see the need to have Submission Settings in the General Setup…

In both the Theme and the Child theme; I found a few small but very nasty errors in the CSS code (missing ‘;” at the end of a statement) these make it almost impossible to get the CSS working correctly?
    example:
    /*** LINKS ***/
    a { color: #474646 }
    this should be:
    /*** LINKS ***/
    a { color: #474646; }

In the Top Navigation: I want the color to be black background with white text, no matter how I try, I can’t change the colors? I really don’t know why. I have had to revert this to white background and black text because the wrapper goes black but the navigation bar stays white… My client wants Black…

In the Design Setup:
    When I make changes to the CSS in the left side of the screen, under the various modules, the changes aren’t persistent, as soon as I have saved the color scheme the changes don’t show. However the CSS on the right side of the page do change and the start of the code begins with a end tag for style “</style>”? There is no opening <style> tag, so I don’t know if that may be causing errors?

I don’t want to sound like I am having a go at anyone, but the problem here is that while I can fix most of the errors that are happening when the next upgrade happens, it will undo all my work, and if I have made changes that are undone in the new version it is going to make things difficult to upgrade. (plus, not every user of this theme is a programmer so for those people it would be a theme that is unusable)

There are a lot of standard functions that were there in the past versions but now they are gone.

Please let us know what is happening with the Shopping Cart as it is probably one of the main themes that Premium Press has and to have this many errors can be fatal. (in one of the the versions before Version 8.0, my client wasn’t getting the orders and the customers had paid for goods that were never delivered. I almost had a law suit on my hands because the version that I installed was working then the upgrade was not.

Regarding this particular website: I should have been able to set this theme up in a couple of hours and had most of the content placed as well, but I am now on day two of this which has made me a little frustrated.

Please let me know what the fix is for these issues and when we can expect a color and size option to be added back into the theme?

Cheers Magreth

December 17, 2014 at 2:04 am
  • Magreth de Graaf
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    December 17, 2014 at 3:15 am
  • Magreth de Graaf
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 17, 2014 at 8:59 am
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 17, 2014 at 11:34 am
  • Magreth de Graaf
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 17, 2014 at 8:58 pm
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 17, 2014 at 9:16 pm
  • Magreth de Graaf
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 18, 2014 at 10:12 pm
  • Errol Hutchinson
    -2 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 19, 2014 at 3:48 am
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 19, 2014 at 6:54 am
  • Eric Jubert
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 22, 2014 at 9:51 pm
  • Waseem Ashraf
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    June 24, 2015 at 9:06 am
  • Waseem Ashraf
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    June 24, 2015 at 9:16 am
  • -2 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    June 24, 2015 at 10:36 am
  • Waseem Ashraf
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    June 24, 2015 at 12:31 pm
  • -2 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    June 24, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Views

Replies