Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Responsive DP / Registration security

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 53 points
    July 16, 2013 at 10:05 am

Hi all,

can anybody tell me where to disable the default security question in Resp. DP?
    I would like to use the SI CAPTCHA plugin, but when having this activated registrators will see both, default and SI, and also have to fill both of them correctly to succeed in submitting.

Thanks in advance
    Thomas

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 16, 2013 at 10:48 am

ill add an option to disable it in the next update for you, at the moment its hard coded to test for spam reduction.

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Newbie 7 points
    May 19, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Hey is there a way to disable the “the sum of” at the bottom of the comment form and other forms? Ive tried to use the “Disable Theme Security Code” option and its still there.

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    May 19, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Why you want to do that? It is a CAPTCHA

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Newbie 7 points
    May 19, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Because I want to run “Areyouhuman.coms new captcha” instead most people hate the type the letter and math captchas.

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    May 20, 2014 at 3:47 pm

@Anthony, sorry for the late reply but the work load got a little tedious since the new upgrade. Seeing that the present contact form is hard coded maybe what you can do at the moment is remove the present from your navigation-bar in Appearance > Menu and create a separate Contact Us page in Dashboard > Pages and save the page you can remove the “Us” in the title description after it generate the permalink.

Install a contact form ex., Contact Form 7 or whatever your choice may be so you can edit and add your captcha. Remember to recreate the Menu with this new contact form so it can show on your site. This is the only idea besides coding that came to mind at the moment. Hope this helps.

Regards

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Newbie 7 points
    May 20, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Thank you very much @Errol I may give that a try.I spoke with a premium press tech support and they said the same thing.

Thank you very much for your help.

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    May 20, 2014 at 5:40 pm

:) Np

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    May 20, 2014 at 5:43 pm

BTW thanks for sharing, I like that CAPTCHA may take a double look at it again sometime in the near future :) Good Luck!!

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Newbie 7 points
    May 21, 2014 at 1:19 am

Np, I like it way better then the math and word captchas alot of people complain about not being able to decipher the code. Are you human is kinda fun but also really quick and so far I dont know of any programs like( Sick Submitter) that can auto decipher and bypass the are you human captcha as of yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)