We are about to upgrade to the latest directory theme and WordPress
Currently we have WordPress 3.8.x and Directory press 6.3
What do you recommend the path to get to the latest and do any of you know some hiccups to look out for as I go through it.
I do have a place to test my upgrade but I was wondering how has everyone’s experience been with this. We have some active listings and we have customized some of the pages. Nothing major because it looks like the new theme actually has the customization we did.
Any advice out there? Do I upgrade wordpress then the theme or vice versa? Do I step the Directory press to various versions or can I go directly into the new one. I know my layout I will have to rebuilt but how about the listings and the database schema for those listings… was wondering if I would have issues with that?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
As I understand it, its not an ‘upgrade’ its a complete new install version.
Before you do anything; open a ticket and verify with them first!
Mario, just to clarify – you are on Directorypress 6.3 (as opposed to Responsive Directory Theme 6.3) and you want to upgrade to latest version of Responsive Directory Theme?
If this is the case you are wanting to move to a completely different product which must be purchased – there should be discount code in your Members Area.
If you clarify the above it will make it easier for people to advise you further.
I’m running an old version 6.? also and it desperately needs to be updated.
After crashing my test site and having to do a total reload I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade and if so, who I can pay to do it.
D, if you want me to take a look and let you know what I think you can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
I suggest holding off a migration until iv resolved the issues with 8.6 which wont be too long, then i can take a look at your site for you.
Agree, I would definitely not recommend anyone migrate until we have a stable current version – was just offering to look at the site and see what we were up against in terms of data to be migrated.
Hi everyone, I was out of town and finally got back to look at this. I apologize for the delays and thank you for the responses.
@Mark Fail: So you recommend waiting until 8.7 to upgrade? the Website is Journey Of Possibilities. I do not mind doing a testing platform because that’s actually what I was planning on doing anyway.
@Janak, I already have the new version. I just need to know what issues I will have to look out for. The Website is http://www.journeyofpossibilities.com I have a test site i can work with also.
This is what our site has. A little change on the way blogs are shown(just removed the graphic before the post), a custom header graphic, We have some listings with some attachments and a few plug ins to do podcasts. Does that help? Is there an ETA on 8.7 release?
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Any update on this?
iv got your ticket, will reply.
OK Just keeping everyone updated so I am not the only one here.
I upgrade WordPress 3.8.11 TO WordPress 4.3.1 wind REsponsive Theme 6.3 and I did not have any glitches. I did verify All my Plugins were compatible and did a test bed before upgrade on production.
Now A question… If I create a Child Theme using Directory Theme 8.8 can I do that in my test bed and download the child theme and upload it to my production and will that carry over all the graphics with it that I change or only the CSS changes?
Mark, Thank you for your email.
Thanks for the update Mario.
Start your new website today!