Recent Posts Widget – front page only problem

• Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points
    August 20, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Hi there – when I add the recent posts widget to the sidebar it works great but when I check the front page only check box it no longer shows on the front page (home page) like I thought it was supposed to (I just want this on the home page only) what can I do to fix this?? thanks, Megan

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 21, 2013 at 4:21 am

Megan are you using the widget conditions?

• Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points
    August 21, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Hello Mark – I am using the custom query post_type<>post_listing&posts_per_page=8
    the widget shows just fine if I do not have Front Page Only checked (shows on all pages) but if I check Front Page Only and save then it doesn’t show on the Front Page as expected – Thanks, Megan

• Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points
    August 22, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I just realized this is NOT the recent posts widget, but the WLT Recent Listings widget that I am using that disappears when the Front Page Only checkbox is checked. I did now try the Recent Posts widget but it does not show the associated image thumbs – how do I get the images to show on that??? thanks, megan

• Megan
    Megan
    Newbie 60 points
    August 25, 2013 at 9:05 pm

OK So even if I leave the custom query on the default, on the [WLT] Recent Listings widget if I check the Front Page Only check box, the widget completely disappears off the front page – kind of opposite of what I want. thanks, Megan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes