Question on Editing the Home Page with V9 + child theme

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Question on Editing the Home Page with V9 + child theme

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Question on Editing the Home Page with V9 + child theme

April 3, 2019
Vivian Vivian
  • Vivian
    Vivian
    Senior Member 174 points

Have installed the new V9 theme and attempting to manually migrate my site from V8 to new version (Directory). I have also installed a child theme Mizra which has the search fields on home page which I prefer.

So have watched the instruction video on how to edit and link the home page with Elementor in the Design Editing section of the theme – but I just don’t understand why when I install the template it defaults to some other layout + search bar and I cannot find any component that matches the search bar used in the child theme.

There must be something I am missing – but what’s the point of making the home page editing so difficult now?

April 3, 2019 at 8:32 am
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points

hi,

did you installed the Elementor plugin? Elementor plugin helps you edit the theme

however, for some childthemes, they are pre designed so it means there’s no option to modify it unless you go directly to the file.

what changes of the search you want to implement?

April 4, 2019 at 5:54 am
  • Vivian
    Vivian
    Senior Member 174 points

The Mizra child theme uses a simplified search on the home page with only keyword field and city (populated from listings) hence it suits my site better however that specific search widget is not available when creating a new home page and can’t seem to edit the home page for the child theme.

Yes did install elementor plugin

April 7, 2019 at 11:20 pm
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points

hi Vivian,

if you create a new homepage with elementor, use the object Hero 1 , this will have the same look for the childtheme

April 8, 2019 at 8:16 am
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team