Problems Printing or Displaying Coupons

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Coupon Theme Problems Printing or Displaying Coupons

Problems Printing or Displaying Coupons

August 1, 2013
Wayne Wayne
  • Wayne
    Wayne
    Newbie 30 points

For me, the way I see it. The problems are:

1) The link at the bottom says, “Print Article” and it looks like an article, not a coupon. Need to change the wording on the link to “Print Coupon”

2) I tried once with old version to make the Article look like a coupon, but broke my site. I need better programming skills. Need a way to make the Article look more official… like a coupon.

3) I saw you did a pop-up with the Mailing List invitation for the Coupon Code Template… pretty cool! Wish you had something like that for a Coupon Listing-type site.

4) On a mobile device, when we tried to Print, my IPhone just looks for an AirPrinter. We just need an official looking format so the coupon user can display coupon on their mobile device.

August 1, 2013 at 10:11 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Wayne

please update to 3.9, there is a printable option when editing listings in the admin.

the print() function is a general browser tool, whatever your browser is configured to use as a print option will be what it looks for, this isnt a theme option or something that can be configured.

August 2, 2013 at 4:14 am
  • Praveen
    Praveen
    Senior Member 216 points

Mark can you let us know where exactly this option is, i didn’t still find it on 3.9. Is it a shortcode?

August 2, 2013 at 7:59 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

edit any listing via the admin, on the right next to the expiry date there is an option.

August 2, 2013 at 8:07 am
  • Praveen
    Praveen
    Senior Member 216 points

Oh great go it :), but can this be implemented during adding of new coupon from users? I mean selecting an option as printable during submissions of new coupon? So that if printable is selected code and link disappears automatically during submission.

August 2, 2013 at 8:56 am
  • Praveen
    Praveen
    Senior Member 216 points

and mainly how to enable upload image button during coupon submission, since printable coupons mainly need a image upload to show image.

August 2, 2013 at 8:57 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

if you add a custom field called ‘printable’ with options ‘yes’ and ‘no’ this should work.

August 2, 2013 at 9:07 am
  • Praveen
    Praveen
    Senior Member 216 points

That didnt work, do we have any taxonomy to create such an option. Printable >> yes or no? during new coupon submission.

And weird thing is its showing as article instead of coupons. Which file exactly to edit this?

“Print this article!”

August 17, 2013 at 11:31 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

ill add it into the next update,s ave you asking another 500 questions :)

August 17, 2013 at 2:49 pm
  • Praveen
    Praveen
    Senior Member 216 points

Ha ha great Mark, thanks for that :)

August 17, 2013 at 5:47 pm
  • Praveen
    Praveen
    Senior Member 216 points

Mark, is this option on 4.3?

August 20, 2013 at 4:25 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

i added Printable >> yes or no into the lsiting page in v4.3 yes

August 21, 2013 at 4:14 am
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team