problems editing and relisting

• Nick
    Nick
    Newbie 2 points
    August 11, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Client of mine has emailed me about some problems on his site.

Their words: “…I have my listing ended and I want to re list/edit them but when I try to open them via Dashboard, Auctions,Edit but it wont open for me to edit. This is how I have done it all along but now it wont work…”

The software, both WordPress and Auctionpress, is upto date. No mention of any errors appearing. I cant think of why this could be.

I’ll see if I can get them to provide a screenshot, and if they are any errors, and whether he means wordpress admin dashboard or via their user account on the frontend, but, any ideas on what could possible cause this?

Thanks.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 12, 2013 at 11:33 am

Have you checked with your client if they have installed and activated any new plugins? Could be a plugin conflict.

Also, I would make sure they’re logging in as the same user as previous.

Just a couple things off the top of my head to start checking…

• Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    August 12, 2013 at 2:26 pm

There is a fix for WP v3.6 and problems with PP.

• Nick
    Nick
    Newbie 2 points
    August 13, 2013 at 11:04 am

What fix is there Ian? The software is all upto date (unless there’s been a release since I posted). No plugins have been added.

He’s always edited and relisted the auctions this way, but now its suddenly stopped working right:

“…press ‘edit’ but nothing happens so I can’t alter the publish date or re list…”

“…and the last update was recently and this problem seems to be after that update.”

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
  • Nick
    Nick
    Newbie 2 points
    August 14, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Updated those .js files. Seems to have fixed it in IE (not sure what version though), but not in Chrome (again, not sure what version the client is using).

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 14, 2013 at 1:32 pm

if its ok for one browser it’ll be good for both, you’ll need to clear your browser cache.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes