Print Search Results Page

• Jonathan
    Newbie 6 points
    July 21, 2016 at 6:24 pm

I’ve been going through different shortcodes and just about anything else I could think of, but I can’t seem to print out the results of a search in a normal way.

If I right click and print the results, everything shows full urls and it isn’t organized, and if I try adding a toolbox to the search results it allows you to print, but only a single listing as opposed to the search results.

It has been requested multiple times because people like to print out the full page of results so they can make calls/take notes/hand them out to others. Is there a way to do it that I’m just missing, or is this just a big hole missing in functionality?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    July 21, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Hello Jonathan,
    Add the below code in the file Appearance >Editor >search.php where you want the print link to appear

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Jonathan
    Newbie 6 points
    July 21, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Thanks for the response!

So I have the link added to the page, but it acts the same way as right clicking and printing.

It’s a jumbled up mess of links (see attached for example). I have found a couple of plugins that would do the job, but I’m unable to use them because when added in as a shortcode to a widget block on the right hand side of the results page, it still will only print a single listing as opposed to a full listing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Jonathan
    Newbie 6 points
    July 21, 2016 at 7:27 pm

I’m trying to use something like the PrintFriendly plugin that would solve the issues, but just not sure how to get it to appear at the top of the search page before the search results were listed, so that it’d just print the whole page. Does that make sense? I’m not sure how to edit the theme to do that.

The plugin comes with the following:
    <?php if(function_exists(‘pf_show_link’)){echo pf_show_link();} ?>

Not sure if that’d work or not?

• Jonathan
    Newbie 6 points
    July 22, 2016 at 2:48 am

Any ideas on this anyone?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes