Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Pre-existing user Profiles Modified When Theme installed

• Thomas
    Newbie 9 points
    February 13, 2019 at 5:51 am

I purchased the dating theme today and have been working on getting it set up. Several issues to solve. First Issue:

I have a brand new install of wordpress; brand new install of theme. After working on theme and testing with user account creations in private browser, I noticed that my “Admin” user had a picture profile attached to it. I was unable to get rid of it either.
    What’s going on?
    Ideas are all welcome. Thanks.

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,759 points
    February 19, 2019 at 3:12 am

hi

You mean profile from the frontend side?

by default the admin user is still a user.

• Thomas
    Newbie 9 points
    February 19, 2019 at 8:02 pm

No, not the front end profile. I mean the profile image where the gravitar is selected under user profile of WordPress.

Basically trying to figure out the relationship between custom post type “Profiles”( which are at 32 after theme install) and “Users” (Which I have 3)

When I go into WP Users or Select Profile while logged in, ( /wp-admin/users.php ) the page displays extra settings at the bottom. Can I turn these theme related setting off for the admins?

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,759 points
    February 20, 2019 at 3:48 am

hi Thomas

these are default admin options . If you want to remove/turn it OFF you’ll have to modify the codes for this

• Thomas
    Newbie 9 points
    February 21, 2019 at 6:22 am

I’m sorry for the confusion. I’m wanting to turn off the membership options for the administrators, not the ability to change the settings. I think it might be with the membership setting but I noticed the list view does not match the page settings. See the two screen shots.

As the administrator I don’t want to show up on the dating site’s list of profiles…. but I still am appearing on the results lists.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Thomas
    Newbie 9 points
    February 21, 2019 at 6:24 am

screen shot showing Admin profile page setting which does not match user list view.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)