Possible Bug?

• Brian
    Brian
    Newbie 86 points
    October 11, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Hi,

In searching the CT theme, using the default search, not the advance search, (didn’t try with advanced search yet), but when I search using the default search, with the default theme, I can find ads AS WELL AS pages. It is probably not that big of a deal right now, but if many more pages go online, this could become an issue. The query I used was the number 9. Ex: I have all the Example Ads 1 through 9 on my localhost, I did a search for 9 for curiosity, and came up with the Example Ad 9 AND Add Listing page in the result.

Brian

• Brian
    Brian
    Newbie 86 points
    October 11, 2015 at 10:30 pm

I have noted the numbers are referring to the page ids, example if I type 8 then example ad 8 and my contact page will show in the results, because my contact page has and id 8, but I had to switch my permalink settings to see the id of the page, then switched it back to post name but still shows both in my search results.

As far as the advanced search: Same thing. 😐

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    October 12, 2015 at 2:05 am

Hi Brian

Are you saying you found pages as well as listings in your search results?

If this is the case, under general setup -> advanced search check which boxes you have ticked on the right for display types.

• Brian
    Brian
    Newbie 86 points
    October 12, 2015 at 8:16 am

Hi Mark,

In the default search types, only listings is checked. Pages and Blog Posts are unchecked.

Thank you
    Brian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes