Photo Display Order

• Rebekah
    Rebekah
    Newbie 9 points
    September 16, 2015 at 5:09 am

I noticed that my listing editor does not have the same simple list option to change the display order. Now I have to click each individual photo to edit it and change the display order. Before the theme update, the display order was listed next to the photo in the the listing editor, and was much faster to put photos in order/change the order. Is there a way to change it back to the way it was? My photos are also now uploading in random order, not the order in which I upload them via the editor. It’s bizarre.

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 542 points
    September 17, 2015 at 1:17 pm

I have the same problem, I miss this feature too. Moreover, in my case I have a problem that, I can’t change the order since image edit button is not working.

By the way, uploading order is alphabetically. (image filename)

• Rebekah
    Rebekah
    Newbie 9 points
    September 18, 2015 at 12:25 am

My photos used to upload alphabetically but not anymore…now it’s random. It wouldn’t be an issue if I could easily change the order like it was in version 8.1 or 8.2. Anyone else have an idea? I might have to open a ticket then.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 18, 2015 at 4:33 am

The edit order box is still there, you just click the icon todo it instead.

• Rebekah
    Rebekah
    Newbie 9 points
    September 18, 2015 at 2:36 pm

“The edit order box is still there, you just click the icon todo it instead.”–Thanks for the reply 🙂 yes I do see how to do that but, but for some reason this is different than what it used to be. I think it changed with the 8.3 theme update. In the previous version, when I uploaded my photos, they were all listed vertically in rows, and all rows contained a “display order” box which was immediately visible and editable, without having to individually open each photo. Now I have to open each photo one at a time, and because they now appear in a tile style instead of vertical list of rows, the edit box shows up above all the photos, and I have to scroll up to see this edit box. It’s just much more tedious and time consuming than it used to be, mostly due to the style of the tiles I think, and having to open each individual photo. The old way was very efficient. Again, I’m not sure if this was a theme version change, or perhaps there is a setting I can adjust on my end?

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 542 points
    September 18, 2015 at 5:09 pm

I don’t know if anyone has the same problem, Edit button is not working. Maybe a plugin conflict.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes